Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I probably do not understand football .. I just played all my life professional and make a living today from football. If you talk like that, you're not worth my time. Let's see where Garcia will be for in few years. (I would love to be wrong)
have a happy holiday
Plenty of ex-pro's on the punditry gravy train proving that statement day in day out

Decent game and did not perform below Otamendi or Stone’s level (not difficult). A few times it looked like the attacker easily brushed him aside. Mousset also easily outran him on a few occasions.

Did ok. Good experience for him. Nearly got a wake up when he was slow out and played their guy on near the end.

Can anyone explain to me what's special about him? There is nothing there, he is slow, not strong, very short to be a CB . The only reason he plays at all is because he's not Otamendi . He will never be a high-level player

I think you’re being a bit harsh. What you can’t judge is the kid’s mentality, his desire and drive. Those qualities will determine whether he makes it at the top level or not.

Technical ability-wise I agree though to a degree. His pace isn’t great yet I’d argue his positional sense is strong, especially for a youngster. He reads the game well and keeps it simple.

I personally think he’s got a shot. And why not give him the opportunity with the league gone? Okay he might end up at Kompany’s level but he could easily be a useful squad player.

No point throwing away a talented youngster just yet...

Could make a brilliant DM one day even if he didn't make it as a CB. Regardless of where he ends up positionally, he's clearly mega talented and 100% should be kept at the club for some time to see where his potential and natural leadership abilities take him. Absolutely no need for judgments at all yet. He's 18 and already a good useful player, despite his lack of physicality. Who knows what he'll be like at 22. All I know is he's a brilliant, likeable talent. As a general rule of thumb, its usually wise to keep people like him around.

The only reason he plays is because Otamendi.He ia definitely not ready to play regularly in city. I can bring you dozens of examples of players who were in Barcelona or the u21 national team and considered the next thing and today they retired from football or play ln a second division. I don't understand why you all attack me, I think he doesn't have the physical qualities to be a CB in the Premier League .
Tell me I'm wrong

Based on 1 game you conclude he is not ready to play at City? Presumably, you would pick Mangala for every game for the next 10 years given he was fucking amazing in his debut game vs. Chelsea.

I hope we don't compare him (or Harwood-Bellis when he comes through) unfavourably to Kompany or Laporte as he progresses, like we've done similar with Jesus towards Aguero, or as of recent with Rodri and Fernandinho.

If he's good enough he's good enough. And I think up until the second he leaves, whether that's this summer or in 2035, we should ALWAYS be giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.