VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

Sheff Utd definitely got screwed over today, as tight a call for the offside as anything that we’ve had and for our goal it didn't touch the ref but he clearly causes the guy to lose possession. I suppose the agenda now changes to “they’re just evening it out now it doesn’t matter so much to disguise the fact that every single person is out to get City”
That’s actually the biggest gap between red and blue lines I’ve seen Have seen the Wolves offside?
The way the law is framed, the decision re the ref interference was correct if he had disallowed it then it would have caused uproar on here

Stop fabricating facts to help you prove a point.

It was offside. The ref didn't get in the way and the goal correctly stood.

Was one of the clearer 'tight' offsides tbf. But whilst the ref didn't touch the ball he clearly got in the way of the SHU player. I mean, I dont know if the rule is explicitly for the ref touching the ball but he impeded the SHU player from receiving the pass

That’s The way its been brought in. So the cheats at Stockley Park can interpret how they wish to suit their scam.

Yep there is enough variation in the application of the VAR offside law to render some offsides ON and some offsides OFF, and having seen Pawson's performance yesterday re doling out yellow cards, it would suit any notion that inside the VAR mobile home they can interpret a VAR offside any way they want!

VAR is a fledgling technology going through toothing pains - it's flawed at the moment - but IMO unbiased - to make the technology take the next step, AI is required.

That is, to remove all possibility of bias, AI needs to be employed to referee all VAR decisions - further, anyone should be able to download the current AI state and run games past it for sake of transparency.

I think that we're close to computer-assisted refereeing - maybe 5 - 20 years - eliminating missed calls from deciding matches, and moreover, eliminating refereeing as a possible source of corruption (bribing players to fix games will remain an issue, but I think that this is easier to police).

I said in the pre match thread yesterday ,that we will get decisions in our favour from now on, so that at the end of the season these incidents can be thrown back at us to illustrate that there has been nothing untoward going on. I didn't thing liverpool would carry on getting them though!
The blokes in front of us were saying yesterday that it's like the aim is for Livarpool to get above 100 points, so they'll have to keep it going for a while yet.

Simple solution to all these ridiculous offside calls - just make it the feet that count. An attacker leans into the direction he wants to go to gain momentum but as it stands the system is stopping attacking play and making it less entertaining. This shoulder/armpit nonsense is created by people who have no idea about actually playing the game. Computer says no!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.