#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
[When he plays well!] he’s got more to his game than Sterling has. He has more skill, more trickery, has two feet, has a better shot and cross quality than Sterling.

Think he’s playing well at the moment and shouldn’t be left out of the team for Prem games. Let him have a couple of months of consistent performances and he’ll prove to be one of our very best players.

Yes, I know. Still find him deeply irritating. Can't explain why. Probably says more about me than him...
I feel the same. He's exceptionally talented yet once again yesterday when played through by Rodri he chose to shoot instead of a simple pull back for a tap-in. If we had not got the luck for Sergio's goal it could have been a decisive moment. Maybe it's just tough coming from a counter attacking team to one that has to face so many defenders behind the ball. It seems harsh to be critical when he played so well but what really sets the world class players apart is having the vision to almost always make the right choice - think Silva in his prime and of course King Kev. Good signs for the CL though as his work rate was impressive.

I see him as one of a long line of players who need to play week in week out to produce their best.

Thought he had a very consistent game yesterday and showed a tremendous work ethic. My MotM for the second time in last couple of weeks.

When he's on the pitch we need to find a way to deploy in the middle behind a striker. Absolutely lethal in those positions. He can have good games from the wing as he has shown, but way more effective in advanced positions

very good yesterday, especially when he came inside, maybe we'll have more joy having a fluid front line and letting the lads roam and switch more, he can alive running at their backline 2nd half.

Yes, I know. Still find him deeply irritating. Can't explain why. Probably says more about me than him...
I know what you mean. Has a languid style that makes him look like he’s not all that committed. On the occasions when he’s allied workload to his undoubted ability, he’s looked great. If he wants to play regularly, that should be his norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.