Everton (H) | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who to play at the back remains a total mystery to me. They all seem as bad as each other, whoever plays. All over the place at times yesterday. It got better 2nd half but even when cruising at 2-0, we still allow a completely free header from 10 yards out when they really should have scored and a chance that the whole ground thought was offside when it wasn’t due to poor defensive play. It’s a lottery.

We were carved completely open like a tin of sardines by a tin opener on several occasions, one right at the end. Our defence is not right, not right at all. Very lucky to have walked away with the three points. I don't think Everton are as good as those, even with the Ancelotti factor, and it shouldn't be as hard. Sheffield United hadn't been beaten away in any competition for nearly a year. There's a reason for these things.

Agree that we have to be better, but I think you do Sheffield United an injustice: a promoted side, maybe, but one that has caused problems, especially away from home, for most teams they have played.

Sorry , disagree ,they were organised and worked their socks off , but their players individually are yard dogs , and none of them would get into a top six team , half of them couldnt trap a bag of cement . If you admire workrate , organisation and determination they are top of the league , we played really poorly ,but on our day it would have been a cricket score.
If the Dippers are on their game they will murder the one dimensional Blades.

Agree that we have to be better, but I think you do Sheffield United an injustice: a promoted side, maybe, but one that has caused problems, especially away from home, for most teams they have played.

Sorry , disagree ,they were organised and worked their socks off , but their players individually are yard dogs , and none of them would get into a top six team , half of them couldnt trap a bag of cement . If you admire workrate , organisation and determination they are top of the league , we played really poorly ,but on our day it would have been a cricket score.

Chris Wilder is the new Sam Allardyce.

He has one slightly novel idea which has earned him cool points, but behind that he's just a bitter middle aged man with a humungous chip on his shoulder from being a third rate player.

They'll have 2 or 3 good seasons (and by that I mean they'll stay up while boring everyone stupid), Merson & co. will praise him every week for managing to stay in the league despite spending amounts of money comparable to Napoli or Sevilla, then the wheels will come off and he'll bounce around relegation clubs for a while.

They didn't get a single shot on target yesterday and they're getting praised for their performance. Not one shot, against a keeper who lets about 60% of the shots he faces in. They had the possession early on, just not the inclination to make attacks and test Bravo to win the game, they'd rather just act as spoilers in midfield and make the game a slog, which is why their games see the fewest goals in the league.

Last edited:
This will be a tougher game than Sheff Utd , Ancelloti will have them organised and they have better players , if we play like we did yesterday , Everton will beat us , we need to get our mojo back up front and improve the quality of our final ball into the box , we are not creating enough . Henderson didnt have a shot to save until Sergio scored , and that's at home to a promoted club , we need to buck our ideas up.
But on the flip side we have an extra day to prepare, I know maybe I'm clutching at straws. Lots of improving to do like you say.

Long ball is causing all kinds of problem to our defenders. Got to come up with strategy to deal with it.

I thought Fleck was one of the best players on the field

Would like to see something a bit different. Ederson; Cancelo Garcia Fernandinho Zinchenko; Rodri, Gundogan, Foden, KDB; Jesus Aguero upfront. Narrow 442.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.