Have you ever been really skint?

Going to the park and running with my kids playing tig and other daft games that made them laugh are among the most treasured memories I have
Absolutely agree... I've not always been skint since having kids though. Hard graft eventually paid off. The eldest I bought her a nice second hand car as a reward for graduating to uni. She had a good education, something I never had.

Not so much skint but right now I have an ex footballer, famous and quite wealthy one as well I would imagine, being an absolute c##t, owes me nearly £4K, keeps on saying “yeah, il put it in bank later”, never does and hard to get hold of, finished the job before Xmas as well so by the time I’d payed the lads and for all materials, left me potless over Xmas, really getting stressed over it now, but still have roof over our heads so would hate to be truely skint

Very sorry to read this, happened to someone I know many years ago and his reaction was to 'remove his work' asap, he went round and started to tear down his efforts. Wife of individual was not happy, so he got paid. These people are not stars just non paying customers, FUCK him/them. Also small claims court.

Not so much skint but right now I have an ex footballer, famous and quite wealthy one as well I would imagine, being an absolute c##t, owes me nearly £4K, keeps on saying “yeah, il put it in bank later”, never does and hard to get hold of, finished the job before Xmas as well so by the time I’d payed the lads and for all materials, left me potless over Xmas, really getting stressed over it now, but still have roof over our heads so would hate to be truely skint

If he's that famous a threat of/and court action my sharpen his senses.

I've found the best way to get celebs/footballers to pay, is to use reverse psychology.
Text them saying that they haven't paid you yet.
Then ask if they are having difficulty paying. And if so, be honest and you will give them more time to pay.
Reassure them that you won't speak a word to other people about their financial dire straits.

Trust me, it works every single time.
They get annoyed at the suggestion they cannot afford to pay you. Yet the only way they can prove you wrong is to pay you!

I've found the best way to get celebs/footballers to pay, is to use reverse psychology.
Text them saying that they haven't paid you yet.
Then ask if they are having difficulty paying. And if so, be honest and you will give them more time to pay.
Reassure them that you won't speak a word to other people about their financial dire straits.

Trust me, it works every single time.
They get annoyed at the suggestion they cannot afford to pay you. Yet the only way they can prove you wrong is to pay you!
Don't text, too easy to hide behind a text. Phone the twat up, tell you're chasing the outstanding invoice and ask when you can expect payment. Take the high ground.
Failing that there was bloke on here few years since ago and he got me a grand back with just a phone call....don't know exactly what he said but the money was there 2 days later....I think it was along the lines of the above.

I remember when I was a teenager, about a year after I first got my own flat, I had to take shrapnel (1ps, 2ps and 5p coins) to the supermarket, to buy a Tesco Value loaf of bread and tins of beans to eat for the rest of the week.

That seemed to happen a lot at the time the week before I got paid.

Seems a world away now.

I remember when I was a teenager, about a year after I first got my own flat, I had to take shrapnel (1ps, 2ps and 5p coins) to the supermarket, to buy a Tesco Value loaf of bread and tins of beans to eat for the rest of the week.

That seemed to happen a lot at the time the week before I got paid.

Seems a world away now.
reminds me of eating porridge (made with water) for a week once

Now I'm a fat **** but was so skinny then

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.