Yellow Shirt Arsenal Away 1989

City_Shirts

I'm sure many Blues will recall us running out at Highbury 14th October 1989 in THAT dreadful all yellow away kit which followed a 4-0 hammering !!! Paul Cooper and Gary Fleming in the City line up !!

This being the only time the shirt was ever used which was then donated by the club to a Sat/Sun team who used it well into the 1990’s.

Trying to trace a shirt for my collection although I think rocking horse s**t may be easier to track down. I've spoken to the manager of the side who used the kit who said they went in all directions once the team folded in the mid 1990's but I'm sure their will be one out there somewhere.

This shirt has become the holy grail for my collection with serious offer on the table in tracking one down.

81734948_10157683396555428_5610308714096492544_n.jpg

Seems you have a lot more info on this shirt than a certain player's 'fact checked' book. Have you managed to track any team photos, whch most teams would do once a year, to see if they did use it or sold it pretty sharpish?

City in the Community were given them to use initially. Neil Mather was photographed in one (CITC back then) for definite and remembers playing in a staff game in them. Some of the City Ladies team claim to have worn it in a game too.

Seems you have a lot more info on this shirt than a certain player's 'fact checked' book. Have you managed to track any team photos, whch most teams would do once a year, to see if they did use it or sold it pretty sharpish?

I have spoken to a couple of the lads from the team that wore it but they can't recall what happened to the shirts, I'm led to believe they were a Sunday side called MMS run by Liam Hall, who's company received the full kit from City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.