He is too good to sit on the bench given our form this season
Look at sancho and Haaland etc who play every week

With silva injured now is/was the time to give the lad a run of 5/6 games
If I was foden id be thinking of a loan move
>> If I was foden id be thinking of a loan move
Maybe.

For me, Pep seems reluctant to start younger players (with, yes, notable exceptions in the past). But in our side given so much talent at mid, Foden's lack of playing time given (my perceived) Pep's inclination to start senior players... well, Foden's lack of playing time thus far can be expected.

Pushing for a loan move or transfer now... would, for me, this season (last season I very much favored a loan), be a mistake. I think that Foden is supremely gifted, and is energetic on offense and especially defense - this later characteristic especially will lead to increasing play time as this season progresses - to the point where, I think, he'll be a regular starter at year's end.

Would not blame him one bit if he started making noises about a transfer.

If those getting in the team ahead of him were consistently performing well I'd still be in the be patient camp. But with sterling and Bernardo badly in need of a break and under performing last night, I'd be well frustrated if I were him.

The last few starts he's had we have looked better with him on the pitch even if he hasn't torn up trees.

He has an unmatchable desire to play, he sets his heart when he come on the pitch. Deserves more games, I must praise his patience though.

>> If I was foden id be thinking of a loan move
Maybe.

For me, Pep seems reluctant to start younger players (with, yes, notable exceptions in the past). But in our side given so much talent at mid, Foden's lack of playing time given (my perceived) Pep's inclination to start senior players... well, Foden's lack of playing time thus far can be expected.

Pushing for a loan move or transfer now... would, for me, this season (last season I very much favored a loan), be a mistake. I think that Foden is supremely gifted, and is energetic on offense and especially defense - this later characteristic especially will lead to increasing play time as this season progresses - to the point where, I think, he'll be a regular starter at year's end.

He needs to develop and he needs to get used to actually playing games. Sitting on the bench pretty much every week or playing every month isn’t enough now.

He needs game time and a loan move helps with that.

But it shouldn’t be needed.
He should have come on at HT v Wolves instead of Mahrez. Pep’s decision to play 5 at the back was a very poor one imo.
If he can play away to Arsenal then no reason he couldn’t start v Sheffield Utd especially as Bernardo seems to be struggling.
Probable sub v Everton and then full game v Port vale.
That would be plenty of minutes to build in the 3 recent consecutive games

With silva injured now is/was the time to give the lad a run of 5/6 games
If I was foden id be thinking of a loan move
He can't just start 5/6 games in a row from nothing,in the 3rd game i think it was he came off because he was tiring,he needs to build up playing time,thereis literally no point posting he should go on loan,it's just not going to happen and nor should it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.