When you die, are you really dead ?

Death is one of the strangest things I’ve seen, it’s so weird to see just basically a mannequin in front of you, that spark that is life has just ceased to be, but what is that spark inside, when your heart stops beating, blood is still flowing to a degree temporarily and the brain is still active, so are you still thinking/dreaming, do you even realise, you are dead? The older I get and the more I see of it, I can see why people have beliefs purely from been afraid, personally I just think once your gone that’s it, so bloody enjoy it and stop believing in a make believe deity.
Read a book called "Proof of Heaven". It is written by a neurosurgeon that had a bad case of meningitis and was pretty much brain dead. He writes of his journey out of body. When he came back everyone said he had a dream and he countered with the fact that the electrodes that were placed on his head showed that the "dream" part of his brain was not functioning so it couldn't have been a dream. The doctor has some videos on YouTube and I suggest people that are open minded to watch them. It might change your opinion of death and life altogether.

The body dies but the soul lives on.
Yes!
The reason I was interested in the book is because I had an out of body experience many many years ago. I came out of a coma and a catholic priest was reading me my last rites. The doctors told my parents I wouldn't make it.
My experience was different in ways but similar in some.
What I took out of the YouTube video is that we are here to prove ourselves. If we don't prove ourselves we just may come back as ourselves or someone else until you get it right. I also took from the video that organized religion isn't needed to get to the next phase. I'm not knocking religion!!! Just my own take from the video.

There is a podcast on BBC Sounds called Bright yellow light. It's about the man whose daughter died from eating a sandwich and him finding faith due to something that happened when she died. He has talked about the death before but not about finding God. Its worth a listen.

There is a podcast on BBC Sounds called Bright yellow light. It's about the man whose daughter died from eating a sandwich and him finding faith due to something that happened when she died. He has talked about the death before but not about finding God. Its worth a listen.
Absolutely agree.
That neurosurgeon claims that the power of prayer is what helped bring him back. He had a very young son that wanted him back very badly and his prayers sent a message.

Yes!
The reason I was interested in the book is because I had an out of body experience many many years ago. I came out of a coma and a catholic priest was reading me my last rites. The doctors told my parents I wouldn't make it.
My experience was different in ways but similar in some.
What I took out of the YouTube video is that we are here to prove ourselves. If we don't prove ourselves we just may come back as ourselves or someone else until you get it right. I also took from the video that organized religion isn't needed to get to the next phase. I'm not knocking religion!!! Just my own take from the video.
It's all about vibrations, spirits work in vibrations and frequencies, some people can tune into them, say for instance a medium, some people can't tune into them, say for instance you and me.
Apparently if you meditate and clear your mind of all the clutter sometimes these vibrations and frequencies can get through...

I've been dead for about 20 mins,i was more peeved later down the line when i realised i had missed the ride in the helicopter to hospital

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.