Rhodri
Mendi
Gundog
Bernardo
Kev
Jesus
Foden
Raz and Mahrez half each

The problem is the lack of pace in central defence. Laporte will help when he returns although not slow he is not particularly fast. For the time being we are going to have soldier on, but for Wednesday I would go with Rodri and Dhino/Otamendi
It isn't pace, we did OK last season with Laporte and Kompany,we just need a good reliable partner for Laporte.More than anything the back 4 needs to be marshalled, which is where we are missing Kompany most.

He has to Karen. Pivotal. Too many injuries for him to take a break.
I worry his muscles aren't up to it,john and nico? eric and nico? eric and john? rodders and someone? how have we come to this that dinho will have to play 3 games in 6 days

I think it would make sense to play the 3-4-2-1 seeing as we are pretty sure Everton will park the bus and play 5 at the back.

Personally, I’d play Kyle as 1 of the 3, whilst also playing Cancelo as the wing back, that way we keep Kyle’s pace and physicality and he doesn’t have to get up and down the pitch as much to save his legs.

Eddie

Kyle
Rodri
Dinho

Cancelo
Kev
Gundo
Zinchenko

Mahrez
Foden
Jesus

Subs: Bravo, Nico, Mendy, Merlin, Bernie, Raz, Sergio

I worry his muscles aren't up to it,john and nico? eric and nico? eric and john? rodders and someone? how have we come to this that dinho will have to play 3 games in 6 days
Dinho can have a rest on Saturday, he wouldn’t even be in my 18 for Port Vale.

Chris Wilder is the new Sam Allardyce.

He has one slightly novel idea which has earned him cool points, but behind that he's just a bitter middle aged man with a humungous chip on his shoulder from being a third rate player.

They'll have 2 or 3 good seasons (and by that I mean they'll stay up while boring everyone stupid), Merson & co. will praise him every week for managing to stay in the league despite spending amounts of money comparable to Napoli or Sevilla, then the wheels will come off and he'll bounce around relegation clubs for a while.

They didn't get a single shot on target yesterday and they're getting praised for their performance. Not one shot, against a keeper who lets about 60% of the shots he faces in. They had the possession early on, just not the inclination to make attacks and test Bravo to win the game, they'd rather just act as spoilers in midfield and make the game a slog, which is why their games see the fewest goals in the league.

I don’t like their approach to the game and certainly wouldn’t want to watch that brand of football week in, week out. But not every club is as lucky as us to have the resources, the infrastructure, the quality of coaching and the wherewithal to assemble a squad of top players. Sides like Sheffield see the Premiership as the ‘promised land’ and do what they do - playing to their (perhaps) limited strengths - to survive. Yes, they may be boring, physical, just well-organised and one dimensional but these ‘qualities’ have worked for them so far and have produced results. No, it’s not pretty and may well not be enough to keep them in the Premiership for more than another season or two but, let’s not be so smug, elitist or entitled as to begrudge sides like Sheffield and their fans their ‘moment the sun’. Thrilling though it no doubt would be, we are not going to have a Premiership full of teams who play like the game like City, the Dippers, Chelsea, Leicester, Wolves or (even) Spuds.

I don’t like their approach to the game and certainly wouldn’t want to watch that brand of football week in, week out. But not every club is as lucky as us to have the resources, the infrastructure, the quality of coaching and the wherewithal to assemble a squad of top players. Sides like Sheffield see the Premiership as the ‘promised land’ and do what they do - playing to their (perhaps) limited strengths - to survive. Yes, they may be boring, physical, just well-organised and one dimensional but these ‘qualities’ have worked for them so far and have produced results. No, it’s not pretty and may well not be enough to keep them in the Premiership for more than another season or two but, let’s not be so smug, elitist or entitled as to begrudge sides like Sheffield and their fans their ‘moment the sun’. Thrilling though it no doubt would be, we are not going to have a Premiership full of teams who play like the game like City, the Dippers, Chelsea, Leicester, Wolves or (even) Spuds.

We watched much worse than that week in week out under Pearce!

Ederson​
Walker Fern Otto/Rodri​
Cancelo Kev Bernardo Zinchenko
Mahrez Sterling
Jesus
Edit: maybe too much asking from Kev.

Last edited:
New manager.

Doesn't matter. They always turn up and play like Barca against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.