Neil Innes Rip

One of the most enjoyable evenings of my life was seeing him and the Bonzos some years ago when they reformed with Jupitus and Edmondson Playing with them at the Apollo.

I was crying with laughter at times.

Indeed, I am going to watch the DVD of the concert now.

here’s a clip of Neil on his own.

Last edited:
One of the most enjoyable evenings of my life was seeing him and the Bonzos some years ago when they reformed with Jupitus and Edmondson Playing with them at the Apollo.

I think Noel Gallagher had to settle a copyright case over that tune.

There's a DVD ?

Very sad news this, I've been a fan since Urban spaceman, I have the bonzo albums.
Brilliant lunatics.
Neil and Vivian were quintessentially monuments of English humour, and should've received wider acclaim.
Neil's Rutles were a kind of musical Monty Python, hilarious film and LP.

He did a recording at Maine Road in front of the Kippax for one of his TV shows, late 70’s I think. Asked us all to sing the chorus.. during half time..
Not sure many obliged but there will be some good footage somewhere.

I did! 'It wont be long, until we turn that corner. And when we do, we'll keep on down that road'! Or something like that!

There's a DVD ?

Very sad news this, I've been a fan since Urban spaceman, I have the bonzo albums.
Brilliant lunatics.
Neil and Vivian were quintessentially monuments of English humour, and should've received wider acclaim.
Neil's Rutles were a kind of musical Monty Python, hilarious film and LP.

Not of the Manchester gig, but one of the earlier evenings of the tour.
Sheer genius.
Get it here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.