Everton (H) | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never understood posts like this. Just because someone has a differing view, doesn't mean they are being elitist or snobbish.

My counter argument would be Brighton. It would be Bournemouth. It would be Norwich. Yes, some of those may go down, eventually Sheffield will, but they at least play attractive football or make the effort to. When Brighton came to our place they got the ball down and played some decent stuff. Similar resources, in fact I'd argue Sheffield are a bigger club.

It's an archaic way of playing imo. I couldn't bare to watch that every week.

Yes it is and, as I thought I made clear in my post, I could no more watch that brand of football every week than you can. But, like it or not, it brought them promotion last season and a measure of success so far this season, with one away defeat, I think, in twelve months. Yes, of course it’s all about a manager’s ‘philosophy’ and the ‘blueprint’ he thinks will work for his players. Like you, I may not like Wilder’s approach to the game but, to a degree, I understand it. That’s all I’m saying: let’s not, as fans of a team that plays ‘the beautiful game’ sit in lofty judgement of those who choose a different way if it works for them. Mercifully for the game as a spectacle, there are managers out there who are trying to get mid-table and even struggling teams to play ‘good’ football but I don’t think for a moment we’ll be able to convert a Wilder into a Potter, Howe or Farke.

Same. Unfortunately it's the circumstances we have been dealt. John is made of glass and Eric is still hurt.

Garcia is quality but needs to be alongside Dinho. Put him alongside Nico or John and I'd be having a coronary
Do you honestly think that Dinho has been a good centre half? I watch him every week and, defensively, he’s every bit as bad as Stones and Otamendi. He looks much nicer on the ball, I’ll grant you, but he has never really been the answer defensively. In the absence of LaPorte and in the absence of the best holding midfielder in the PL, he will always struggle at CH.

Ederson
Walker
Fernandinho
Otamendi
Mendy
Rodri
De Bruyne
Bernardo Silva
Sterling
Mahrez
Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.