Var debate 2019/20

2 threads seem to be merging. VAR and corruption.
The intrinsic issues with VAR are being lost in the debate about the use of VAR to manipulate games. Regardless of potential corrupt application VAR is shite and always will be bacuse:
1. Prevents spontaneous celebration of goals
2. Is always a subjective view from another humanbeing
3. Off side - (even with margins of error built in) are subjective based on when the ball is played (margins of error simply give us new lines to argue about fine margins over).
4. Prevents spontaneous celebrations of goals
5. On-field decisions are influenced by a Refs proximity to the physical action not just visual cues.
6. Does and ALWAYS WILL prevent spontaneous celebration of goals.

Football is dead. The corpse is being handed over to the anal band of brothers apparent on this thread. Steralised, homogenised and prutified by pricks, dicks and enemas who have no passion for the game but need everything to be right!
They can OCD off.

And yes, i am angry. Very angry that the game i have followed all my life has gone. Football is about passion emotion. Without it, it is nothing.

2 threads seem to be merging. VAR and corruption.
The intrinsic issues with VAR are being lost in the debate about the use of VAR to manipulate games. Regardless of potential corrupt application VAR is shite and always will be bacuse:
1. Prevents spontaneous celebration of goals
2. Is always a subjective view from another humanbeing
3. Off side - (even with margins of error built in) are subjective based on when the ball is played (margins of error simply give us new lines to argue about fine margins over).
4. Prevents spontaneous celebrations of goals
5. On-field decisions are influenced by a Refs proximity to the physical action not just visual cues.
6. Does and ALWAYS WILL prevent spontaneous celebration of goals.

Football is dead. The corpse is being handed over to the anal band of brothers apparent on this thread. Steralised, homogenised and prutified by pricks, dicks and enemas who have no passion for the game but need everything to be right!
They can OCD off.

And yes, i am angry. Very angry that the game i have followed all my life has gone. Football is about passion emotion. Without it, it is nothing.

Video replays exist in multiple sports and I'm with you in the sense that they've taken some of the emotion out of the sport. You can't seem to celebrate goals immediately as you worry about them being chalked off.

That was the argument against VAR and the opposing argument was that we would minimise incorrect decisions. So far, its implementation has been poor.

It's taking too long to make decisions and some of the offside decisions are too difficult to make. It's been more of a success in La Liga and Seria a than it's been here.

Maybe it's the initial implementationthatds a problem and I'll reserve judgement until the end of the season. But it's been disappointing so far.

Not sure if its worth starting another thread !

Do people think that all players know something isn't right this season with the way everything seems to be going the dippers way ? a squad of players are going to be crown premier league winners, it possible the most bent season so far. Do we think other players will look at them and say 'yea but you lot didn't win it fairly' . Or do professional players just except its bent as being part of the game. 3 teams are going to get relegated which might mean a reduction in income for both players and club. It seems odd that the players union aren't standing up for they members and saying something is wrong here a set of our members are being treated different to all the others, whats going on ?. Or is it a case that the players just keep quite to save their careers.

To me yes the dippers will win the league but in my eyes ( which counts for nothing ) a tainted league.

690.jpg

While we aren't firing on all cylinders and don't deserve to be top of a table (yet) that is a is a more of a realistic slant (we are could of pinned them back and made the title race even more interesting if that was the case).

Last edited:
How many fans would be willing to boycott a game in protest against VAR, it is ruining the game and so many supporters are going to stop going, there is a reason football is the most watched sport and technology is taking over, you can't even celebrate properly! The Premier League would not be considered the best if there were so many empty seats in stadiums.
Said it before that as long as grounds are full the powers don’t give a f**k. Now if a live game saw half empty stands for the first ten minutes on a regular basis maybe people might take notice of how the fans feel. We of course do it for the last ten minutes of a game.

Said it before that as long as grounds are full the powers don’t give a f**k. Now if a live game saw half empty stands for the first ten minutes on a regular basis maybe people might take notice of how the fans feel. We of course do it for the last ten minutes of a game.

I think it would need to be at all stadiums ( not anfield ! of course ) on the same day all arrive ten minutes after ko to our seats all singing fuck var !
trouble with so many tourist it might be impossible to do

VAR is shit although if our first two games of the season were the last two we played, there would have been less initial grumbling for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.