• Yaya Toure

Votes: 140 34.6%
  • Fernandinho

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Kevin De Bruyne

Votes: 9 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can see two perspectives in play here, without it being made explicit. I suspect that a lot of people who would choose Yaya would choose him because of a conviction that the win against the rags in the semi-final, then winning the cup against Stoke, then the role he played in the 2011-12 season (huge — nobody forgets the Newcastle away game, to mention just one) actually turned everything around durably for this club; from that point on, both team and club (and fans) saw themselves as rightfully sitting at the top table. And therefore the success of the second half of the decade flows from all that. Fern's influence has been huge, but it doesn't come into play for those key seasons. You could also argue that Yaya was as hugely influential in that 2013-14 season as Fern. Fern has consistently turned into vital performance after vital performance since arriving. He hasn't scored many goals, but that's not the sole definition of ‘being influential’. I still choose Merlin overall, simply because his excellence encompasses the whole decade and, as for being the mind of a team, I've never seen a player like him. But I hope we can agree that these are very fine margins indeed. What I certainly believe is that without these three and Kev, we wouldn't have achieved half of what we have achieved. And that's not to belittle Kun or Vin in any way. Or Zab for that matter. Or Raz.

Edit: rereading this, too many ‘huges’. Trying to skirt round the word ‘massive’, but must edit my posts better before posting.

Last edited:
4 fantastic servants.

Yaya first struck off for me, due to off the field stuff, unfortunately.

Ferna next to go simply because the other 2 are better...

Kev and Dave both world class on their day, Dave shades it for me because he's been here for the entire decade.
Great minds think alike, my sentiments exactly ....

I wouldn't see Fernandinho as even playing a similar role to the other three.

Whilst I think Silva is arguably the PL Player of the Decade, I think Fernandinho has been absolutely imperious in his role and the most underrated player in the country.

Silva made me sit there on countles times smiling and purring like a demented Cheshire Cat.

Lots of memories but that circular tour he did of nearly every one in the Arsenal team was fantastic.

Yaya for influencing key moments and for being a runaway train on his day. Merlin overall, though. He’s been chief engineer with a velvet touch.

Fabulous players, as are the other two worthies.

Silva then Kevin. If Kevin keeps influencing the games the way he did since he joined 4-5 years ago, he will be the most influential City midfielder over two decades. If we keep winning domestic trophies and add Champions League, he will be one of the most influential midfielders in football history, not only City. Despite that, he might never win the MVP in England, but he will easily win the Ballon d’Or.

because the question is influential, then I'm tilting towards Yaya for the reasons highlighted many times above, but what a difficult choice, I'd have no real objection to any of the 4 being the poll winner

4 fantastic servants.

Yaya first struck off for me, due to off the field stuff, unfortunately.

Ferna next to go simply because the other 2 are better...

Kev and Dave both world class on their day, Dave shades it for me because he's been here for the entire decade.
My sentiments exactly.

Silva due to the fact he has ran the show for the whole decade.

He wins it on longevity imo.
Also he was the only one of the four active throughout the decade.

Yaya allowed his arsehole of an agent to rule him out when at the height of his firm after the 2014 Championship win.

Kevin and Fern didn’t sign until half way through the decade.

Silva wins with no doubt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.