Unappreciated Artists...

My son has a feel for the piano even though he never played before 2 months ago. Just picked it up.

So weird...

Anyway, it got me to thinking how i could encourage this in him and I happened upon this chap...

The guy is amazing!

Does anyone else have an artist that I might persuade my son (or I, actually) to listen to...?

Reminds me of Dave Grusin who wrote 'On Golden Pond'. Love the first track talented kid.

Definitely for me one band comes to the fore that should have been gods in their own right. I think it was all in the name because there is not many sane people out there that likes a sprout now is there ? Prefab sprout with front-man Paddy Mcaloon is regarded as one of the great songwriters of his era and the band have been credited with producing some of the most beloved music of the '80s and 90s.. How the flying fook Cars And Girls only reached 44 in the UK charts is a travesty in the making but like I say no one likes their vegetables so nobody's loss but there own. Prefab were geniuses underrated under appreciated and have createda legacy to the world of music. Thank you.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/sep/05/paddy-mcaloon-prefab-sprout-make-music

In my opinion the most underrated band of the century and here for your kind perusal are four of my favourite tracks.

Earth ..Bless us all because we mean well and god bless Greta Thunberg and God Bless dear Boris.

Cars and Girls in the later years live from the Fleadh.

If they were good enough for whistling Bob on the Old Grey then they were good enough for me ! When love breaks down.

Beautiful vocal accompaniment Wendy .. Hey Manhatten.

if you like prefab sprout this is an interesting website to visit

Sproutology - Prefab Sprout

My son has a feel for the piano even though he never played before 2 months ago. Just picked it up.

So weird...

Anyway, it got me to thinking how i could encourage this in him and I happened upon this chap...

The guy is amazing!

Does anyone else have an artist that I might persuade my son (or I, actually) to listen to...?

What about this chap...

Or maybe even this chap...

Whatever, it's up to your son if he decides he wants to play in the future, Good luck...

So weird...

The guy is amazing!

If you want superb piano playing, Chick Corea, Amhad Jamal, Thelonious Monk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.