FA Cup R3 - Port Vale (H) - Sat 04/01 - 5:31pm

5:31!

Is this the first game to KO at a time in between the five minute timebands of a clock?

That’s the best way I could think of describing it!

It’s something to do with raising mental health awareness I believe. The ‘Heads Up’ campaign. All the FA Cup matches are kicking off at 1 minute past what would be usual. It’s on the club website.

Hi, Obviously a Vale fan here looking forward to visiting the Eitihad for the first time,went to Maine Rd a few times,think we won the last time on a Boxing Day.How things have changed your club has gone into orbit compared to where you were and us well we were never in orbit but we did have a decent Championship side, but due to the massive influx of "Foreign" investment we had no chance of doing anything but going down and down. You may be wondering why if Vale average 4.5k home gates how come 8k plus will be there on Saturday ? Well we very nearly went to the wall last year our last owner bled the club dry of any income,one of his proud achievements was feeding the players on out of date pies from previous games can you believe that and our reputation was at an all time low we just survived relegation to the National league and we were days away from being but into administration,fortunately our new owners Carol and Kevin Shanahan bought the club at albeit a vastly inflated price,rumour has it £4 million, small change to club like yours but an absolute ransome for us.

Vale fans are so grateful that there has been an out pouring of "Love" towards our new owners hence the Super Vale Away Chant you will no doubt hear, Carol has said she misses sitting in the away crowd singing this particular song and Vale fans from all over the country are coming to you as a show of appreciation to the Shanahan family for rescuing our club, we realise we have no chance of getting anything, even a corner will be met with wild celebration ! Our victory will come when the gate receipts are totted up it will mean the Shanahans will get some money back on their initial investment,a draw like this is like winning the lottery for a 2nd division club like us as we get isolated more and more from footballs top table.
Someone mentioned a pre season friendly at Vale Park in the early 70's I was at the game absolute mayhem that day, thank goodness those days are in the past.

Ps Please keep it to single figures, Shite City would love us to get hammered !!!!
Spoke to a Vale fan at the weekend..he told me virtually word for word what you have outlined above,said the club was on the up for the first time in decades.He was at Vale park for the cup match when we won 2-1 as an 18 yr old and still follows them home and away.we exchsnged memories of that day for i was on the away terrace ...proper cup tie that was.

The upturn in the clubs fortunes has had a downside for him personally tho as he is struggling for a ticket for himslf and his son...he did mention tnat only 900 odd vale fans turned out at Mansfield Town for a recent match..but says this cup match is a celebration for every Vale fan and they are determibed to enjoy the day no matter what.

I have also heard a few of your lot will be in the Tunnel Club..needs must i suppose with tickets being sold out very quickly in the away end.

Enjoy the day!

Port Vale crowd today 5,342, long way short of the 8k coming to the Etihad, they should be getting better crowds than that prior to our game.

How do you work that out ? We are a mid table second division side,would you bring 8k plus to Vale Park for a 3rd round tie ? I have already mentioned that this game is a thank you game to our new owners the fact we are playing Man City has no real bearing on our ticket sales,if we had played any top Premier league side we would have taken the same number.

We have got tickets to the legends block in south level 2 is this block and different than the rest of the stand? Thanks

How do you work that out ? We are a mid table second division side,would you bring 8k plus to Vale Park for a 3rd round tie ? I have already mentioned that this game is a thank you game to our new owners the fact we are playing Man City has no real bearing on our ticket sales,if we had played any top Premier league side we would have taken the same number.

How is Jake Taylor the young lad from Swinton doing for you are Port Vale going to sign him permanent

We have got tickets to the legends block in south level 2 is this block and different than the rest of the stand? Thanks

Nope, the ground will still be emptyhad, and you will struggle to see a legend. 5. 0 enjoy the day..

Northern quarter for a booze

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.