Everton (H) Post-Match Thread

I think the decison to deny the Foden goal was correct -it was offside.
I think the decision not to give Mahrez a penalty was correct as well - it first checked he was/wasnot offside int he build up and didnt use an arm and then checked if it was a foul - it got all of those correct
Calvert Lewin in my opinion could have been sent off - but that is a subjective type decision

Foden was nt a penalty -even he didnt appeal

so out of those 4decisions I think it got 3 definitely correct - the onyl one i would question was the possible red for Calvert Lewin

So yes overall it worked

It has also worked for us in the lastcouple fo games (penalties, retaken penalties)
Mendy at Wolves. Didn't work there. It was a farce today and you cannot possibly defend it. It needs to be buried.

Good early save by bravo and until his fuck up was doing ok. Sometimes fate says it’s just not meant to be but for the most part he played the way pep wants his keepers to play and doesn’t deserve all the criticism he is getting on here
I'll have to see their goal later. People round me blamed Bravo.

Overall a very good performance. Dominant second half. Scoreline severely flattered Everton and there is no way we should have been nervously seeing out that game. Bravo sometimes is his own worst enemy in terms of gaining the trust of the City fans. His showboating at 2-0 up and then carelessly giving possession straight to them which directly led to their goal. Idiot. Jesus took his goals superbly and deserved his day in the spotlight. However I thought he was shaded to MOTM by Fernandinho who was brilliant. Garcia and Foden also delivered good performances. Mendy and Cancelo both looked good going forward. Looks atm like 3 at the back really suits us as it gives us so much more space down the flanks. As for VAR and Calvert-Lewin - no words.

Var is just totally draining the joy out of the game. Jesus goal was a stunner and yet the celebration was muted in the stands. The atmosphere was flat as fuck. You could hear the players shouting from SS3 in the first half and no wonder. Whether the decisions are correct or not, it is just shit. No one in the ground had a fucking clue what they were checking for that penalty. Absolutely woeful decision to bring in VAR and apply it this way. Football was fine before that. Talking points yes but this is just hideous. If this doesn’t get better, I’m out and I’m sure others will be too. There are been some shocking applications of the law this last few days. Terrible.

As for the game. Average first half, understandably. Excellent second half and should have cruised to victory. Unfortunately Coco the clown made it more uncomfortable that it should have been.

Everton were dross.

We made hard work of that, seem to have forgotten our killer instinct. Last season we'd have played them into submission before they even got near our goal for a consolidation. Need that back, but perhaps shows our mentality over the league right now, plus a few new young faces too.

Think Ancelotti will be good for them though. Stay up and next season who knows.

No idea what to make of VAR now though. Yes, the penalties and offsides can be said to be correct to the letter of the law, but you could just see how it killed the game as a fan. Plus undoubtedly affects the teams differently when a goal is chalked off, thereby interfering with the match other than on key decisions anyway.

Which brings me to the Calvert Lewin challenge. Very lucky boy, two feet and off the ground. Seemed a clear and obvious error to me to award only a yellow, but VAR either cannot or would not overrule the referee there. Luckily Fernandinho was ok, if he'd connected with his leg then could have been bad.

I maintain that VAR can be of use to our game, but not until Riley swallows his pride and admits that they are using it wrong, and furthermore seem keen to keep some secrecy on the in-game decision making process which is actually now further damaging the game. Mic them up and it would be a start.

Thought Bravo had a good game apart from the shit kick which led to their goal.
Mendy and Cancello were very good as was young Garcia.
Foden looks very comfortable in the team..Fern and Rod very good..KDB and Gabby very impressive.. decent games from they who can't be mentioned..
Bravo never has a good game his fuck up nearly cost us the game,i it lifted Everton a bit. The sooner he goes the better

Gritty win that should have been much easier.
Good performances from Garcia at the back, Mendy looked better going forward again, Ferny was composed.
1st half a bit slow and predictable. Upped the pace after we scored and looked much better. Surprised that Foden went off as he was having a good 2nd half.
Gab J is a bit of an enigma at times, looks out of place and slow for half the match then scores two great goals.
Let them back in to the match when it should have been well over, poor pass from Bravo but we fecked about with the ball in the move that led to the goal so he is not solely to blame in my view.
Shocking challenge from that fanny Calvert-Lewis, lord knows how that was not given as a red card, totally ludicrous definition of a red card lunge.
Missed a few chances to kill the game off later on as well.
Great win though.

Exactly. Off the floor, out of control, endangering an opponent, plus a scissor action. Surely, ticking all the boxes for a red.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.