VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

No problem at all with the disallowed goal. Mahrez was a good half a body offside and the linesman missed it.

That’s exactly why it’s been brought in.

They got it wrong for the penalty claim as to look at the penalty it couldn’t have beeb offside, it wasn’t a penalty therefore we should have got the ball back but they gave Everton a free kick for the offside.

Don’t think the Foden one was a penalty, they got that right.

I wanted it, however it has definitely taken a lot of the enjoyment away from the live match experience. It's pump.
Yeah it’s not so much the decisions being right or wrong for me; it’s about not knowing if a goal is going to be chalked off and therefore never being able to celebrate a goal properly.

Football is all about goals, that’s what the enjoyment of the sport is all about.

If those first half VAR delays, as well as other stoppages, were really only 2 minutes then I have been doing a lot better at sex than I previously thought. Not only can Marriner not see but the clown can’t tell the fucking time either

It's got to the point now where the Premier League have a to come out with something indicating that they will be looking to make changes next season. They have to, otherwise people are going to stop going. People are frustrated, and bored with the circus this has become.

No issue with the Mahrez offside. Absolutely correct and what VAR is supposed to be for. They briefly flashed the image of the offside up on the screen. I could see from looking at it for about 2 seconds it was offside. So why does it take a goal celebration, both teams regrouping and lining up for kick off before it's given? Absolutely farcical.

The minute you have to start drawing those stupid lines on offsides then it's too close to call, original decision should stand.

They can't change in now mid season. We will all just have to accept it until May. They have to change it next season or we are pretty much done as a spectator sport.

I did not go yesterday. 80 percent of the reason was this var farce.

Just can’t enjoy scoring a goal. Takes away all the spontaneity.

If it is still here next season I will be attending about ten city games and use the rest of my time to do lower leagues. It is the worst thing to happen to football in my lifetime.

I literally will not carry on watching it like it is. Hate it with an absolute passion.

What exactly was the decision re the Mahrez VARrce? I thought initiailly it was offside, but that proved not to be the case, then it seemed he handled the ball, but the decision came back that it wasn't a penalty. If they were looking at a penalty they fuckin' well ignored a penal offence of holding. Didn't Digne grab his arm? Pawson was booking anything above ground at weekend for grabbing an arm (apart from the pen on Abrahams and what would have been Jorginho's second yellah! If they have concluded that grabbing hold of someone's arm in the area isn't a pen, then we are witnessing some of the most blatant cheating I've seen in near seventy years of watching footy! IFAB have rumbled these PiGMOL incompetents and been told to get their shit in order. Too fuckin' late now!

If those first half VAR delays, as well as other stoppages, were really only 2 minutes then I have been doing a lot better at sex than I previously thought. Not only can Marriner not see but the clown can’t tell the fucking time either

IFAB should with immediate effect make time keeping separate from the on field officials and stop the clock the second the game is stopped for a goal, throw in, goal kick, injury and VAR decisions.

Another aspect of the game where certain teams get more time or less dependant and where match going paying fans are being ripped of. Some game you are lucky to have the ball in play for 60 mins of a 90 min game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.