Yellow Shirt Arsenal Away 1989

Full of enthusiasm after the 5-1 i think that was the only time I went to Highbury. That was a wake up call alright.

Followed a month or so later by a 6-0 thrashing at the Baseball Ground which more or less ended Brian Gayle's City career.

Ted McMinn is a name that has haunted me ever since !!

I was there that day, awful kit, awful performance.
Off topic, but Highbury was a fantastic old stadium, the best club ground in England by some margin IMO.

I'm sure many Blues will recall us running out at Highbury 14th October 1989 in THAT dreadful all yellow away kit which followed a 4-0 hammering !!! Paul Cooper and Gary Fleming in the City line up !!

This being the only time the shirt was ever used which was then donated by the club to a Sat/Sun team who used it well into the 1990’s.

Trying to trace a shirt for my collection although I think rocking horse s**t may be easier to track down. I've spoken to the manager of the side who used the kit who said they went in all directions once the team folded in the mid 1990's but I'm sure their will be one out there somewhere.

This shirt has become the holy grail for my collection with serious offer on the table in tracking one down.

81734948_10157683396555428_5610308714096492544_n.jpg
I’m sure we played at QPR in a Yellow & Black kit a few seasons later.
Can’t remember the reason why though .
Anyone ???

I was there that day, awful kit, awful performance.
Off topic, but Highbury was a fantastic old stadium, the best club ground in England by some margin IMO.
I was at that game too, a few City fans even booed the team when they ran out in the yellow kit, it was a shock as there was no advance notice of that kit being worn, we were all expecting the traditional sky blue kit. Agree about the old Highbury, great stadium despite our abysmal record there.

Here's the kit in its full g(l)ory!

We had one during the Kappa spell which is another highly collectable City shirt which I believe was only ever worn 12 or 13 times and not available to buy as a replica.

75199833_10157499150935428_565319005842178048_n.jpg

Worn 5 times; Birmingham, Reading, QPR, Portsmouth and Huddersfield

The 97/98 Kappa white away shirt was worn fewer times but not deemed as rare, probably because it was available as a replica and the yellow and black wasn't.

I've owned two of the yellow shirts v Arsenal and 3 of the kappa yellow and black shirts and they were both terrible quality. Rush jobs, especially the kappa.

Worn 5 times; Birmingham, Reading, QPR, Portsmouth and Huddersfield

The 97/98 Kappa white away shirt was worn fewer times but not deemed as rare, probably because it was available as a replica and the yellow and black wasn't.

I've owned two of the yellow shirts v Arsenal and 3 of the kappa yellow and black shirts and they were both terrible quality. Rush jobs, especially the kappa.

Didn’t we wear that white Kappa shirt only once in the league - Ipswich I think.

Was there that day fucking woeful performance saw someone throw a bag of crisps at the Arsenal keeper and what's worse is the fucker caught them and took the piss as if he was going to open and eat them lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.