Everton (H) Post-Match Thread

A foul (or the vast majority of those type of decisions) are always going to be subjective. Just because the VAR officials agree with the ref on the pitch doesnt make them wrong or more importantly the process has failed......just cause i think it was a red card (and others think that) doesnt mean we are correct..
On some days it will be given - on others not.....depending upon the official, depending on possibly what the payer has commited foul wise on the pitch before (at least for the on field ref) - VAR just happened to agree witht he ref on this point that it wasnt a sending off...I think they were wrong and it was a sending off

Human beings will have differing views of the exact same incident....a foul/sending off isnt a black and white decision....offside is closer to this (though the rules are abit fucked up with what body part etc)

You are just sounding silly now.
VAR is supposed to be definitive and not subjective.

VAR was brought in to get the decisions correct and take out most of the human error, not double down on the shit decisions.

Then you say it depends on the official, again no, the system is supposed to confirm correct decisions and overturn incorrect ones, and get the large percentage of them correct, not give them depending on what colour shirt that team has.

And when certain teams seem to get those decisions in their favour game after game whilst others seem to consistently have what you state are ‘subjective’ decisions against them, then as more and more are seeing, it’s turning into a complete circus where no one is sure what/when to celebrate or which decisions no matter how black/white they seem are totally fúcked with.

We can all crow if it works out... i've never claimed to be an expert but i do try and have an opinion rather than just pick at others who do..

Actually, if you have ever read any of my posts about Gabby, you will read that I believe he is one of the best young players in the World. Quote me if you see different. I want to see Garcia and Foden. You say Guardiola has a blind spot over Gundogan, he was great again today.

Perhaps someone has a blind spot.

Mendy at Wolves was not a foul....that was all on the player....nothing like a foul
I saw it as a foul after watching multiple replays. Looked like both hands in the back with a deliberate pushing motion. He goes down they call a foul imo. Either way Mendy needed to be stronger if trying to shield the ball.

Garcia proved he should be in start xi from now on
I agree. He's not tall, he's not particularly quick either but he reads the game so well & is good on the ball. He had a great game today. in my opinion a definite step up from Otamendi.

I think the decison to deny the Foden goal was correct -it was offside.
I think the decision not to give Mahrez a penalty was correct as well - it first checked he was/wasnot offside int he build up and didnt use an arm and then checked if it was a foul - it got all of those correct
Calvert Lewin in my opinion could have been sent off - but that is a subjective type decision

Foden was nt a penalty -even he didnt appeal

so out of those 4decisions I think it got 3 definitely correct - the onyl one i would question was the possible red for Calvert Lewin

So yes overall it worked

It has also worked for us in the lastcouple fo games (penalties, retaken penalties)

No way jose.

It aint working.

Its adding another layer of incompetence.
If the dopey linesman hadn't put his flag up we would have had a pen. Mariner would have given it and var would not have overruled it. So there is the problem in one example, a bloke watching on tv refereeing the game as well. VAR was meant to stop the huge mistake and not add another ref with a different opinion whp isnt even in the stadium. Its plain redicolous.

The officials who brought this in have made a complete horlicks of it, no question.

Dont you remember the fun of going mental after a goal was scored?

Pep Guardiola on three central defenders: “Maybe we will do it again, In the first half against Sheffield United, we played with three at the back, not just second. We changed position but the structure was that. We can do it in future. We played it really well...”

“The five guys are so good with the ball. Riyad receives the ball in better positions and that helps, too.” [via @ManCity]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.