Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enemy of a nation? Nah, we’re just surprised that you don’t rate someone who’s this good already at 18
Again, I can give you dozens of examples of players who played at the highest levels at the age of 18 and did not do as well as everyone thought. I wish I will be wrong and people would remind me this for years. I really wish for that and I would love to admit my mistake.
I wonder, but what happens If he wont be as good as I everyone think, what will you say?

I enjoyed his performance today. He did look a bit nervous at times early on in possession; not to be unexpected; but that only gives me more optimism to how he develops with time and confidence as we've seen from Foden when compared to his own first appearances.

Again, I can give you dozens of examples of players who played at the highest levels at the age of 18 and did not do as well as everyone thought. I wish I will be wrong and people would remind me this for years. I really wish for that and I would love to admit my mistake.
I wonder, but what happens If he wont be as good as I everyone think, what will you say?
That he is currently looking like a better option then Otamendi should be more than enough, let's worry about the future later

doing well so far...great with the ball at his feet and very intelligent....covers others and usually in the right place at the right time......the only concern would be his lack of physicality but Pep clearly rates him and so far he is doing really well

Fucked around and got 5 interceptions in the game. You damn right he can play :)

And I can give dozens of examples of players who played at a very high level at the age of 18 and actually just turned out to be great players. But who cares? Both are totally irrelevant.

Is there anything in his play that you're picking out? Because the only thing you've posted is about his physicality and the fact that people overhyped guys like Adarabioyo and Rekik. You haven't actually presented any analysis.

Last edited:

Curious as to what you base your opinion of him on. You must have seen him play a lot more than me. Do you attend a lot of the academy games?

And I can give dozens of examples of players who played at a very high level at the age of 18 and actually just turned out to be great players. But who cares? Both are totally irrelevant.

Is there anything in his play that you're picking out? Because the only thing you've posted is about his physicality and the fact that people overhyped guys like Adarabioyo and Rekik. You haven't actually presented any analysis.
I really don't want people to be against me, I'm not here to annoy people. As for the physicality, in my opinion the modern CB should be at least 1.84,1.85m. Look at the best center backs in the world in recent years, it's true Ramos "only" 1.84 but Van Dijk 1.93, Pique 1.94, Koulibaly 1.95, Varane 1.91, Lenglet 1.86, Hummels 1.91, J Boateng 1.92, De Ligt 1.89, Laporte 1.90,. And lots of other examples. Now its true that Cannavaro and Puyol were below 1.80 but for every Puyol there are dozens of other WC CB taller than 1.85 during the history. Now the official height of Eric Garcia(according to the Internet) is 1.82 but in my opinion he is closer to 1.78 maybe 1.79 on a good day (I've compared dozens of pictures of him standing next to other players and checked their height) beyond that he is very skinny and lack of pace.
I'm not excited about his pass accuracy because most of them are for the others defenders and the GK, and I believe you will have about the same percentage of accuracy.(even though he passed 2 very nice forward balls today )
Now, I haven't seen anything supreme of him yet that can make up for the physical disadvantages. I would like a high a,strong and fast CB like Van Dijk or Koulibaly and not slow ,short and skinny one but that's just me.
(Of course he can get stronger physically and add pounds of muscle in the future, but he may also become slower and heavy, and maybe not. I do not know )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.