Everton (H) Post-Match Thread

It was everything like a foul.

The same player committed the same offence (a clear barge from behind) twice after the one leading to the goal and the referee blew for a foul both times.

How anyone can watch that Traore barge Mendy in the back think that it isn't a foul is just totally beyond me. Maybe Mendy could have been stronger but that is 100% a clear foul.

You are just sounding silly now.
VAR is supposed to be definitive and not subjective.

VAR was brought in to get the decisions correct and take out most of the human error, not double down on the shit decisions.

Then you say it depends on the official, again no, the system is supposed to confirm correct decisions and overturn incorrect ones, and get the large percentage of them correct, not give them depending on what colour shirt that team has.

And when certain teams seem to get those decisions in their favour game after game whilst others seem to consistently have what you state are ‘subjective’ decisions against them, then as more and more are seeing, it’s turning into a complete circus where no one is sure what/when to celebrate or which decisions no matter how black/white they seem are totally fúcked with.

Something being run by humans cannot be definitive especially when it comes down to fouls - its about peronnal opinion about what is a foul and what isnt and then the severity of the foul - all of this is subjective.

People are criticising VAR for looking into offsides so closely (ie down to mm's) but if you want something definitive then thats what its got to be (I hate this aspect btw)

Lots of teams are feeling hard done by by VAR (werent the Sheff Utd fans singing F8ck VaR wiht our fans in the last game) - of course form our point of view then we are the hardest done by but Im sure other fans feel similar.....Also a a consequence of the fact that we attack more we are by direct result going to have more offside calls/not offside calls to look at due to our play asking those questions more....we score more goals = more reviews as VAR reviews all goals.

The "system" is run by human beings, teh dcisions by human beings - until we have robots doing it it will always have an elemen of subjectivity to it - and this has always been the case in football

No way jose.

It aint working.

Its adding another layer of incompetence.
If the dopey linesman hadn't put his flag up we would have had a pen. Mariner would have given it and var would not have overruled it. So there is the problem in one example, a bloke watching on tv refereeing the game as well. VAR was meant to stop the huge mistake and not add another ref with a different opinion whp isnt even in the stadium. Its plain redicolous.

The officials who brought this in have made a complete horlicks of it, no question.

Dont you remember the fun of going mental after a goal was scored?

Now I agree with you that there is now another level of incompetance - but thats humans for you

Id much prefer to go back to no VAR at all - would give people much less to woman about for starters!

I thought we played some great interplay stuff tonight. But for a stupid mistake from Bravo it would have been very comfortable. Mendy is always a calamity waiting to happen but credit where due he did good tonight. I think its easier to get on now we have accepted we wont win the title. We will go all out in the cup comps and with Sane and Laporte coming back I can only see us on the up for the second half the season.

Top notch from quite a few
Mendy had his best game in ages
Well done, Garcia. Likewise Foden.

The only downpoints were the fannies on the Match day thread. My last visit. Sick and tired of reading "football is fucked" and "Mt season card's in the bin". The crucial VAR decisions tonight were CORRECT. Put the boot on the other foot. Had the same decisions gone AGAINST Everton, I bet some of the two faced fuckers wouldn't be bemoaning VAR, and it taking the emotion away from THEIR fans celebrating.

Oh, and that accident waiting to happen, in goal.
I'm in my fifty first year.
I drink too much
I'm asthmatic
I haven't "gone in nets" since 1986, when I last played "three and in" on the playing fields behind my mum and dad's house, yet I'm probably more reliable than the bloke, tonight.

Too think, we cast aside a x4 Golden Gloves winner, for this whopper

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.