Yellow Shirt Arsenal Away 1989

He wasn’t alone !!!
No mate; a truly abject performance! It wasn’t much longer before Machin got sacked for his lack of ‘repartee’ with the City fans. We never did well at the Baseball Ground iirc. Slight aside, but pretty sure Ted McMinn has had his leg amputated since.

As to the yellow away kit - we’ve had worse!

Didn’t we wear that white Kappa shirt only once in the league - Ipswich I think.
I remember seeing us play burnley in a pre season friendly in the white kit. Lee Bradbury scored on his debut inside the first 15 mins and looked a world beater!! I thought we looked the bollocks in that kit and had the squad to get promoted. 9 months later we were in the 3rd tier ffs.

I remember seeing us play burnley in a pre season friendly in the white kit. Lee Bradbury scored on his debut inside the first 15 mins and looked a world beater!! I thought we looked the bollocks in that kit and had the squad to get promoted. 9 months later we were in the 3rd tier ffs.
We all walked out of that friendly at Turf Moor thinking we would get out of that division come the following May - and we did!

I'm convinced someone will have one of these shirt stored away somewhere out there :-)

80702106_10157685644620428_5370332544623443968_n.jpg

I remember 3 or 4 years after that Law debut when we played in yellow I watched us at Leeds road in the old second division, we beat Huddersfield 2-0 and we also played in yellow/gold that afternoon.I bet our new signing Jimmy Murray wondered if he was back at his previous club Wolves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.