Food bank at West Ham game (p5)

It's good practice to give to people worse off than yourself in every way, I use Freecycle and Freegle to pass on stuff, give to foodbanks and selected not for profit charities. These foodbanks are a lifeline to some people I am glad the club have initiated a partnership with the Manchester foodbank even though I believe that foodbanks should have no place in a wealthy society.

It's good practice to give to people worse off than yourself in every way, I use Freecycle and Freegle to pass on stuff, give to foodbanks and selected not for profit charities. These foodbanks are a lifeline to some people I am glad the club have initiated a partnership with the Manchester foodbank even though I believe that foodbanks should have no place in a wealthy society.
It’s actually an unofficial group as far as I know, rather than a formal club partnership. Agree though that it’s shameful that people still rely on food banks in this day and age. Probably a discussion for another thread, but there’s a clear correlation as to why they’ve been on the rise exponentially since 2010.

Just a shame we need them .Politicians. get paid a fortune Royal family have so many homes we pay for footballers / movie stars get paid great amounts .surley in this day and age no one should be begging for food

I gave some basic stuff and some nice biscuits. I remember reading that Jack Monroe, the then food blogger, said that when she used food banks she was always happy to get a treat and she always puts in a packet of biscuits now she can give to food banks.

Well done to those organising it.

Just a shame we need them .Politicians. get paid a fortune Royal family have so many homes we pay for footballers / movie stars get paid great amounts .surley in this day and age no one should be begging for food

It comes down to economics, if you give something away for free there is massive demand. Need and demand are different.

Reactions: W12
It comes down to economics, if you give something away for free there is massive demand. Need and demand are different.
I was born in the 50s never starving but realised it wouldnt take much to put us on the bread line

Last edited:
I took a bag full of stuff today too. Seemed to be a fair bit being left. Thanks for highlighting it on here as I wouldn’t have known otherwise. Was worried we’d be late getting to the drop off, and wondered if the stewards would let us in the ground with our bag of food. I’m sure tins would be classed as lethal weapons!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.