Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Showed character after the Wolves debacle. If we continue to play 3 at the back then Big Ben is going to be a very handy weapon.

People expect improvement to be linear, but that rarely happens after such an injury.

Yup.

It's looking like his is a long road back to where he was and he was not the "finished article" when we bought him. Hard to know where his level will ultimately be but people need to be patient with him.

A lot has been said about Sam Lee writing about Jesus being possibly up for sale.

But let's not forget that he also said Mendy is at risk of being sold (as he has been saying for the past 18 months). Now that's even more ridiculous.

Either he has a shit source, or the club's been feeding him nonsense for some other reason.

A lot has been said about Sam Lee writing about Jesus being possibly up for sale.

But let's not forget that he also said Mendy is at risk of being sold (as he has been saying for the past 18 months). Now that's even more ridiculous.

Either he has a shit source, or the club's been feeding him nonsense for some other reason.

He’s also a United fan and although he’s a good writer, at times his support stance does seep through the cracks and into his articles.

His general position on City is one where we’re ‘struggling’ and this was the case for most of last season as well.

There’s a lot worse than him out there tbf though and he’s no Jamie Jackson.

Why are you so sure it's nonsense?

Don't get me wrong, I hope it doesn't happen but one is an expensive fullback who so far hasn't been able to stay fit and the other is a young international star who had a brilliant start but who has since struggled for a decent run in the first team because of a club legend and gets held to an impossibly high standard by half his club's fanbase.

I can totally understand why the club would have one eye on a more dependable left back and why the other might be tempted by the promise of more minutes at another club who also see his massive potential.

Once again, I hope they both prove the doubters wrong and are here for many more years but that doesn't mean Sam Lee's full of shit.

Why are you so sure it's nonsense?

Don't get me wrong, I hope it doesn't happen but one is an expensive fullback who so far hasn't been able to stay fit and the other is a young international star who had a brilliant start but who has since struggled for a decent run in the first team because of a club legend and gets held to an impossibly high standard by half his club's fanbase.

I can totally understand why the club would have one eye on a more dependable left back and why the other might be tempted by the promise of more minutes at another club who also see his massive potential.

Once again, I hope they both prove the doubters wrong and are here for many more years but that doesn't mean Sam Lee's full of shit.
I mean, if you look at the club's selling policy over the years, neither Mendy nor Jesus remotely fit the profile of the players that the club has moved on. I get what you're saying, but given how Sam Lee has been parroting this line for a very very long time and nothing's come of it I have my very strong doubts. The fact that he's always come out with these statements immediately after bad results is also suspicious.

Nonsense may be a strong word and if that is the case then I retract it, but it's about as credible to me as when I read about why Pep's off in the summer or United buying Sneijder.

He’s also a United fan and although he’s a good writer, at times his support stance does seep through the cracks and into his articles.

His general position on City is one where we’re ‘struggling’ and this was the case for most of last season as well.

There’s a lot worse than him out there tbf though and he’s no Jamie Jackson.

I don't think I've ever read something from Sam that made me think it was written by a United fan, if anything hes almost too down on United and effusive of City.

I think theres just a tendency to throw "hes a rag" at him whenever he reports something people dont like, and actually if you asked a random person to read his articles theyd never be able to tell you be supported United.

For the sake of fairness I should say I've always distrusted Sam Lee on transfers (in or out), probably since the Laporte stuff if not earlier, but I've never thought he was reporting in bad faith.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.