Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't want people to be against me, I'm not here to annoy people. As for the physicality, in my opinion the modern CB should be at least 1.84,1.85m. Look at the best center backs in the world in recent years, it's true Ramos "only" 1.84 but Van Dijk 1.93, Pique 1.94, Koulibaly 1.95, Varane 1.91, Lenglet 1.86, Hummels 1.91, J Boateng 1.92, De Ligt 1.89, Laporte 1.90,. And lots of other examples. Now its true that Cannavaro and Puyol were below 1.80 but for every Puyol there are dozens of other WC CB taller than 1.85 during the history. Now the official height of Eric Garcia(according to the Internet) is 1.82 but in my opinion he is closer to 1.78 maybe 1.79 on a good day (I've compared dozens of pictures of him standing next to other players and checked their height) beyond that he is very skinny and lack of pace.
I'm not excited about his pass accuracy because most of them are for the others defenders and the GK, and I believe you will have about the same percentage of accuracy.(even though he passed 2 very nice forward balls today )
Now, I haven't seen anything supreme of him yet that can make up for the physical disadvantages. I would like a high a,strong and fast CB like Van Dijk or Koulibaly and not slow ,short and skinny one but that's just me.
(Of course he can get stronger physically and add pounds of muscle in the future, but he may also become slower and heavy, and maybe not. I do not know )
It's very easy as to why people are against you. You are basically hammering about his physicality as if it's something new to people, it is not you have added 0 insight by repeating it over and over again.

Instead maybe read the replies and watch him play? What better way to judge a player than actually watching him play.

He had a fantastic game and you haven't even recognized it! That's perhaps the most glaring omission.

I really don't want people to be against me, I'm not here to annoy people. As for the physicality, in my opinion the modern CB should be at least 1.84,1.85m. Look at the best center backs in the world in recent years, it's true Ramos "only" 1.84 but Van Dijk 1.93, Pique 1.94, Koulibaly 1.95, Varane 1.91, Lenglet 1.86, Hummels 1.91, J Boateng 1.92, De Ligt 1.89, Laporte 1.90,. And lots of other examples. Now its true that Cannavaro and Puyol were below 1.80 but for every Puyol there are dozens of other WC CB taller than 1.85 during the history. Now the official height of Eric Garcia(according to the Internet) is 1.82 but in my opinion he is closer to 1.78 maybe 1.79 on a good day (I've compared dozens of pictures of him standing next to other players and checked their height) beyond that he is very skinny and lack of pace.
I'm not excited about his pass accuracy because most of them are for the others defenders and the GK, and I believe you will have about the same percentage of accuracy.(even though he passed 2 very nice forward balls today )
Now, I haven't seen anything supreme of him yet that can make up for the physical disadvantages. I would like a high a,strong and fast CB like Van Dijk or Koulibaly and not slow ,short and skinny one but that's just me.
(Of course he can get stronger physically and add pounds of muscle in the future, but he may also become slower and heavy, and maybe not. I do not know )

We just have to see how this plays out. A lot of people on here got excited about Stones because he could knock it around a bit for a CB, then we’ve got 3 years down the line and realised that he hasn’t progressed at all. Garcia in some ways reminds me of a young Stones, although he seems to be much more defensively switched on than Stones was at his age. I do worry about his lack of physicality/speed but at the moment he doesn’t have a commanding CB beside him, hopefully if he gets his chance alongside Laporte, his size/pace will be less of a concern.

There was a story that Napoli owner De Laurentiis wanted a certain amount of fee they paid for Koulibaly from his previous club because they had mistaken his height.

He has to be in our top four centre halves/permanent fixture come next season. If we manage to get rid of Otamendi and sign someone class, we'll be well set for at least the next 3-4 years.

When an 18 yr old kid comes on as a sub to play in a back five with old heads and HE is the one that starts organizing them, shouting them out, and telling them where the line is, THAT “kid” has something about him you can’t buy or train into him.

Garcia is a player.

He's more physical than people are giving him credit for. His frame is bigger than fernandinho and otamendy. He will put on man weight in the next year or two and I've yet to see him out muscled in his last two stats.

Garcia was the only proper CB in the group last night, no Otamendi and Stones.

Imagine to be told prior to the season that we are going to play a PL game with Rodri, Dinho and Garcia at CB. And Bravo. We were quite solid though.

Delighted to see lads like Garcia on the up. Please cut him a bit of slack, everyone, if he has the odd poor moment.

I’m sure you will as we all love to see players emerge from our own ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.