Biggest mistakes of the decade.

VVD wanted to go to them, nothing we could do. Wafting mega-multi-million pound contracts under players' noses to convince them where to go doesn't work, just ask Ed Woodward about Sanchez.
Not a good comparison. Sanchez was finished and it was obvious.

Not firing Mancini earlier would be one for me. Cost us the Wigan Cup Final.

Not buying a central defender to cover for Kompany is probably going to feature but who is good enough? I watched Maguire get destroyed by a half-fit Lacazette yesterday so it's not so easy. A foreign defender would have taken 6 months to settle in.

Not a good comparison. Sanchez was finished and it was obvious.

Not firing Mancini earlier would be one for me. Cost us the Wigan Cup Final.

Not buying a central defender to cover for Kompany is probably going to feature but who is good enough? I watched Maguire get destroyed by a half-fit Lacazette yesterday so it's not so easy. A foreign defender would have taken 6 months to settle in.
He was only 29 so not sure if finished was obvious, but paying what Man U felt was needed to snatch him from us was the point.

Not sign Van Persie,Hazard,Cavani , VVD, Sanchez (before Arsenal),
Let Boateng ,Tevez ,Sancho leave
Signing players like Bony, Sinclair, Javi Garcia,Demichelis, Fernando,Bravo,
Dont bring replacement for Kompany

You really cannot see why Hart had to go?

That decision has been well vindicated. Have a lot of good memories of Joe and respect his time with us but he was never the keeper for Peps system. Never bought into all the crap peddled about Joe but it’s a crying shame his career has collapsed the way it has.

Mancini refusing to sell Balotelli, despite the fact that he was angling for a transfer, and then missing out on Van Persie who pretty much won the league for the rags in a season when Aguero was largely injured stands out.

Accepting Liverpool's hush money for the hacking scandal, seems like they had no idea how badly Liverpool as an institution wanted to take Manchester City down or what an enemy of the club they would become off the pitch. Having that to hold over them, would have been useful in getting them and their cronies to shut the fuck up, about a bent law aimed at getting clubs like theirs back to the top of European football.

Makes me laugh when every Liverpool fan thinks their club isn't spending as much as Manchester City or even United for the good of the game. No you morons, you don't have the money to outspend the richest clubs even if you wanted to, you wouldn't have had a choice in the matter, FFP effectively saved your arses from being left behind. Liverpool's owner doesn't want to compete in spending even if the club had it and it's nothing to do with the good of the game, it's the good of his pockets. Stop fooling yourselves and sugar coating everything with red icing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.