VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

Although the referee didn’t blow, as he’s not supposed to, so it didn’t really matter.

Well it does, because when the lino puts his flag up, he stops running, potentially missing anything else further forward than the point of offside.

Honestly, with VAR and these rules/advice about not putting flags up, linesmen aren't required!

VVD then as we do have a choice of 2 players in their goal?

I’ve give up on Liverpool getting anything other than favourable decisions.

That particular Mahrez decision doesn’t really bother me apart from the amount of time taken to review, the pointless penalty review and the free kick for an imaginary offside.

Foden- penalty and a sending off. Tackle from being no intention of taking the ball.

Calvin- sending off

People always have a choice about how the behave or react in any situation regardless of provocation.....using VAR as a reason for aggression/violence in the stands would be disgraceful

People are different. Not everyone is you. Some people "lose it ", they just do. And after weekly seeing the VAR decisions and how they're going about it, it makes fans angry.

You can blame the fans or you can remove the thing that is inflaming the situation and stop the angst in the stands.... It is provoking the violence. Like replays of contentious decisions on the big screen - don't do it because it causes anger. Fuck VAR off before football violence becomes fashionable again.

So cause i cant attend games i shouldnt have an opinion....

Im not saying people shouldnt be angry - thats a normal human emotion and to suggest something like that would be impossible and ridiculous...but everybody has to take individual resposnibility for their choice of behaviour - its always a choice....

And just for your info -I used to be a season ticket holder in the 1980's at Maine Road firstl as a kid in the Kippax and secondly in the north stand (I was 10 years old when it kicked off in the north stand just below me at the start of the 5-1 win over utd)

Anyone that condones violence for any reason is the real problem.

It seems strange that you cannot handle this opinion
I am not condoning violence. I am saying that where previously there was no violence and then something has been introduced that causes more people / morons to be violent then remove it, ban it, stop it. But don't expect fans to "behave" as if it is magic

I'm not even sure now what the criteria is to check for a pen. In the game with Sheffield Utd there was a cast iron pen not even reviewed. In fact it looked lie it was actually going in so would have been a red. A replay was shown on Bein Sports from the camera that is used for the ball crossing the goal line an it really was a no brainer. It's like it didn't actually happen-nothing mentioned on here that I've seen and nothing on MOTD

It's because VAR doesn't check for offsides that don't become part of a goal or goal scoring opportunity so reverts back to the "linesperson is wrong" situation like we've always had.
But it checked it before making the call on the penalty and was seen to be on side! Oh for simpler days...

I swear I saw Mariner look defeated when the second goal was given the okay by VAR. His shoulders slumped and looked down to the ground. It was weird.

He did. He looked totally pissed off and I mentioned it to the person next to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.