Milk Floats

Looked into getting milk delivered, partly out of nostalgia and partly to try and support local small business. Didn't in the end because it cost a fortune. I don't expect supermarket prices but it was daft and just not affordable at the rate our lads get through milk

It just wasn't sustainable any more which was a crying shame as the product had one of the best USP's I have have seen and those Dragons would have lapped it on up. Freshly delivered on your doorstep daily with cream eggs and fresh orange juice. A step backward most definitely and akin to the ruination of suburban living that central heating imposed on our modernistic lifestyles. Fresh milk and toast over an open coal fire but now all but distant memories as our life's become sanitized beyond belief. The good old days !

It just wasn't sustainable any more which was a crying shame as the product had one of the best USP's I have have seen and those Dragons would have lapped it on up. Freshly delivered on your doorstep daily with cream eggs and fresh orange juice. A step backward most definitely and akin to the ruination of suburban living that central heating imposed on our modernistic lifestyles. Fresh milk and toast over an open coal fire but now all but distant memories as our life's become sanitized beyond belief. The good old days !
The milkman, the paper round boy (or girl) the fishmonger, the rag and bone man, the chimney sweeper, the Alpine pop van.... RIP

Totally what I expected stick your tv detector vans up your arse. Roll on the Milk floats.

Would you pay more for a gill of fresh milk on your doorstep ? I know I would if it wasn't a lot more expensive because we currently pay 53 pence a litre for My Mums or Creamfields semi skimmed and if if not available then any own brand labels. But the thing is that a cow doesn't squirt out different qualities of milk and neither does a chicken lay a bargain egg or a happy egg. "What you on today henrietta ?" "They put me on happy eggs and then tomorrow I am knocking out bettabuys" Milk is milk and egg is egg. But yes I would love to see the return of the milkman the paper boy and the coal man as they are all blasts from my past. Not too sure about the rag and bone man as we used to get proper hammered for pinching mothers clothes in order to get a balloon and lucky bag.

Would you pay more for a gill of fresh milk on your doorstep ? I know I would if it wasn't a lot more expensive because we currently pay 53 pence a litre for My Mums or Creamfields semi skimmed and if if not available then any own brand labels. But the thing is that a cow doesn't squirt out different qualities of milk and neither does a chicken lay a bargain egg or a happy egg. "What you on today henrietta ?" "They put me on happy eggs and then tomorrow I am knocking out bettabuys" Milk is milk and egg is egg. But yes I would love to see the return of the milkman the paper boy and the coal man as they are all blasts from my past. Not too sure about the rag and bone man as we used to get proper hammered for pinching mothers clothes in order to get a balloon and lucky bag.
You always got bigger eggs of the Milk man.Where did they get them from as the ones in the supermarket are shite.?Does Gold top milk still exist?

You always got bigger eggs of the Milk man.Where did they get them from as the ones in the supermarket are shite.?Does Gold top milk still exist?

Them poor hens must have been on gas and air.. Gold top was lovely.

I still use an electric float, batteries are hard to get hold of but other than that it's fine. A pint in glass is 78p, so it is pricey but fortunately enough people still think it worth keeping, I do pick up new customers here and there.
Will be converting to diesel power as of next week as the company is being taken over, not sure I prefer it to electric float, lot less versatile but doors and the heater will make a big difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.