Milk Floats

When we were kids we used to stay in a cornish village and the milk was delivered in wax containers with a sharp metal slidey top thing....she also delivered eggs from hens that were fed on mackerel scraps from the local fishermen and they tasted of fish. The snowflakes would have a field day nowadays.

Wasn't that also known as Jersey milk in the more posher areas of Sale

I think you are right mate.

There was a trout fishing fly called a Jersey Herd that used the gold bottle tops to form the body of the fly.
It was supposed to resemble a stickleback, which trout like to scoff towards the back end of the season.

Fuck me, I am a sad twat.

Still have gold top, I don't have any customers for it on my round though, still plenty who have full cream pasturised, just like in the supermarkets semi-skimmed is by far most popular. Couple of bottles of stera each week, the odd soya milk. Fresh orange juice in glass is popular, especially at weekend on the new developments, I leave it next to the his n hers Hunters by the front door.

You always got bigger eggs of the Milk man.Where did they get them from as the ones in the supermarket are shite.?Does Gold top milk still exist?
Good god. We’re lucky milk still exists. No more suckin the cream off the top. Don’t know if it is shite all this change but it feels it. :(

Can you still get "stera" milk in Blighty? I always used to prefer my coffee made with Stera milk. But I haven't seen it when I've been over for games. And it has never been on sale over here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.