Var debate 2019/20

Same with us.
Spent half time figuring out whether we were offside or not leading up to the penalty VAR. The fact it went to VAR suggests he wasn’t offside, so why did the assistant flag when they are told not to? Then again the assistant (female) did the same on Sunday. So why are assistants flagging our onsides as offsides when they’re told not to be flagging it all. Is it just collective amnesia of their own made up rules when applied to us? Or is it just bent?
On BT Steve mcmannaman immediately commented that it was not off side and that the liner should not have flagged. He then said I wonder if VAR will get involved now about the possible mahrez handball or penalty, to which the main commentator said "let's not go there heh?". At this point, it had not been disclosed if a VAR check was going to happen.

Then it went to VAR. Firstly the off side was checked and they said not off side. Then the handball was checked and they said not handball. Then the penalty was checked and they said no penalty.

I think BT and VAR were thoroughly confused and did not know what to do. Like a divide by zero or fatal error. VAR had crashed.

So they awarded a free kick to Everton !!!!!!!!!!

On BT Steve mcmannaman immediately commented that it was not off side and that the liner should not have flagged. He then said I wonder if VAR will get involved now about the possible mahrez handball or penalty, to which the main commentator said "let's not go there heh?". At this point, it had not been disclosed if a VAR check was going to happen.

Then it went to VAR. Firstly the off side was checked and they said not off side. Then the handball was checked and they said not handball. Then the penalty was checked and they said no penalty.

I think BT and VAR were thoroughly confused and did not know what to do. Like a divide by zero or fatal error. VAR had crashed.

So they awarded a free kick to Everton !!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, they clearly hadn't noticed the VAR check starting on that, and didn't know when to quit.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11899134/var-debate-gets-heated

Le Tiss far more rational here v Cottee.
And he makes a good point - it’s not fun but it’s fairer.

I disagree with Jeff though , a ref running to a monitor on every contentious decision would be ridiculed, fans would boo every time he runs to monitor and it would cause probably longer delays then we have already - then as we saw with the cresswell tackle, it’s so subjective that whatever decision he gives after viewing he still gets labelled a ‘cheat’ corrupt ‘ etc.

want any help digging your hole mate?

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11899134/var-debate-gets-heated

Le Tiss far more rational here v Cottee.
And he makes a good point - it’s not fun but it’s fairer.

I disagree with Jeff though , a ref running to a monitor on every contentious decision would be ridiculed, fans would boo every time he runs to monitor and it would cause probably longer delays then we have already - then as we saw with the cresswell tackle, it’s so subjective that whatever decision he gives after viewing he still gets labelled a ‘cheat’ corrupt ‘ etc.

I disagree with you there..

Why have they installed pitch side monitors if no fucker uses them.

Fcuk all this re-refereeing in a darkened room miles away, the referee is the man in charge on the pitch

If he's missed something or made a wrong call he should be instructed to review it on the pitch side monitor and then either stick with his original call or amend his decision accordingly.

The images he's looking at should be made available to the supporters in the stadium via the big screens (the dippers and rags can f'kin get them installed)..

At the end of the game, the referee should be interviewed and asked to clarify his decisions..

Only the will VAR be anyway near being accepted for me..!

yawn. I give VAR plenty of criticism and state what I don’t like about plenty of times.

checking the monitor isn’t a negative. It still gives the ref the opportunity to review it and the game not being re reffed. Decisions take an age to come to anyway so why not let the ref decide it, we see his angles he’s working with and there’s no invisible person in the background who isn’t held accountable. It shows how crooked our league is that we haven’t allowed refs to check the monitors.

checking the monitor isn’t a negative. It still gives the ref the opportunity to review it and the game not being re reffed. Decisions take an age to come to anyway so why not let the ref decide it, we see his angles he’s working with and there’s no invisible person in the background who isn’t held accountable. It shows how crooked our league is that we haven’t allowed refs to check the monitors.
I don't see how in anyway the ref looking at a monitor would improve things apart from taking even longer.

Can't believe there is still even a genuine debate to be had on VAR. It is being implemented appallingly, no doubt but even if they sort that as well as they possibly can, there is nothing they can do about the fact that it completely kills the primary joy of watching the game - celebrating goals. We may at some point reach a point where VAR makes football fairer (although we are a million miles away from that currently) but anyone who thinks that is worth the trade off of losing most of the joy and spontaneity doesn't love the game IMO. Sooner rather than later supporters will no longer celebrate goals, the next stage will be that players won't bother celebrating either. It's a load of shit and no amount of tinkering can make it work better than getting rid of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.