TV detector vans

You might have guessed l have my own history with DVLA. My steering lock key broke in the lock so i couldnt get it onto my drive for MOT and then tax it. On the few days following it it seems a van came down the cul de sac, alerted the clamping crew who put the clamp on in seconds slapped a big notice on the screen and buggered off in a puff of smoke. I only spotted the notice in the evening. From the next morning it was a mad panic to get money get an expensive auto locksmith get MOT which gets sent to the clampers who the sneaked in again removed the clamp and then get to Vhestrr to tax it. All with that bloody clock increasing fees for every step.

Do l sympathise with anyone who has to do the same at this time of year when so many places close down although you can bet the clampers are on a bonus on NYD.

But the worst thing was not being able to tell them they were a load of wankers. They were based in Liverpool strangely enough

Maybe you should have appealed mate. If everyone appealed fines and pcn's then effectively nothing could get done and the cogs of their industries would grind to a merry halt. The powers that be rely heavily on zombie like compliance and woe betide them if our populace should change tack and fight them head on. Trust me they haven't got the manpower.

Maybe you should have appealed mate. If everyone appealed fines and pcn's then effectively nothing could get done and the cogs of their industries would grind to a merry halt. The powers that be rely heavily on zombie like compliance and woe betide them if our populace should change tack and fight them head on. Trust me they haven't got the manpower.
That particularly applies to parking fines especially those given out by parking companies.

That particularly applies to parking fines especially those given out by parking companies.

Yes it does Mike and equally those given out by councils. If every lost soul appealed they could not cope with the backlog. They win because Joe Public is overly compliant and that is the only way the councils can turn over the vast sums of profit that they do. It has to an extent a small part to do with traffic management but more to do with the fiscal. Massive massive obscene profits and everyone is able to see what they make online.

Yes it does Mike and equally those given out by councils. If every lost soul appealed they could not cope with the backlog. They win because Joe Public is overly compliant and that is the only way the councils can turn over the vast sums of profit that they do. It has to an extent a small part to do with traffic management but more to do with the fiscal. Massive massive obscene profits and everyone is able to see what they make online.
I once went to Edale to walk. First thong on a Sunday morning. A big car park in lovely countryside with nothing moving for miles except for me and my car.......and a bloody parking coin machine. I only had notes for a pint at the end so l had to toddle off.

Whem l got back an £18 fine was fluttering on my windstorm. When l appealed to High Peak they merely said if l didnt pay in the next few days it would be increased to 36 quid. Its niggled me for years thst l gave in.

I once went to Edale to walk. First thong on a Sunday morning. A big car park in lovely countryside with nothing moving for miles except for me and my car.......and a bloody parking coin machine. I only had notes for a pint at the end so l had to toddle off.

Whem l got back an £18 fine was fluttering on my windstorm. When l appealed to High Peak they merely said if l didnt pay in the next few days it would be increased to 36 quid. Its niggled me for years thst l gave in.

You probably did right for £18 Mike but as a general consensus especially with the councils then everyone should appeal the charge regardless of whether at fault or not. The system would collapse under the weight I promise you faithfully. Are the lines clear enough so as for a reasonable person to distinguish in all ambient light conditions. Has the PCN been signed. Has the PCN got the correct street name on it. Vehicle make correct or even the contravention correct ? For whatever reason appeal the ticket because you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If you have to pay then you have to pay but not before they have to dance the dance and if everyone appealed then there would be no dance to go to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.