Australia Fires

Just because it's not been seen before in 200 yrs of white folk settlement doesn't mean it's not happened before in the 40000 yrs of aboriginal settlement or the entire life of the continent. It's nature.

No it's not 'nature', as human intervention has significantly impacted on the vastness of this.

Out of interest, where is the evidence that you can pull that this has happened before? 'Doesn't mean it's not happened before', means nothing.

No it's not 'nature', as human intervention has significantly impacted on the vastness of this.

Out of interest, where is the evidence that you can pull that this has happened before? 'Doesn't mean it's not happened before', means nothing.

OK. You got me on that one. I can't provides the evidence therefore I'll bow to your superror knowledge and agree it's never happened before.

OK. You got me on that one. I can't provides the evidence therefore I'll bow to your superror knowledge and agree it's never happened before.

Don't make claims like it's the 'cycle of life' if you don't have evidence then and make flippant statements about something which has killed 500 million animals and impacted so many people.

Considering the last time this many people died in an Australian bushfire was 1967 I'd hardly say this is the circle of life.
vrf3shyc-1383022953.jpg

But it does seem to be a revolving pattern.

People have been living in Australia for 60,000 years. On the whole, where bush fires usually occur, before the last few hundred years, people have not inhabited those areas as a sedentary population.

Places usually do not have settlements on them for a reason.

Even in this country we’ve seen floods in areas where people haven’t had houses before and then wonder why their houses have been flooded. Well for the last 40,000 years if you looked at how many people have settled in certain areas you’d see why.

Also don’t forget that the Australian heat triggers the Indian Monsoons. The monsoon is critical to replenish 81 reservoirs necessary for power generation, irrigation and drinking. About half of India's farm output comes from summer sown kharif crops such as rice, sugar, cotton, coarse cereals. This is why India has been so heavily populated for thousands of years and why Australia has not.

We’re the ones who went and invaded Australia and chose to live in fire zones without any knowledge of the country’s history.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't make claims like it's the 'cycle of life' if you don't have evidence then and make flippant statements about something which has killed 500 million animals and impacted so many people.
Wind your neck in and calm down. It's happened, its always happened and It will continue to happen, long after we're gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.