#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd half Foden really to the game to Everton , and should have been awarded a penalty , when he is on the ball and going past players he reminds me of Kinky , he just glides past players , he is capable of scoring a wonder goal this lad , but his all round contrinbution and energy is refreshing.He plays without fear but he needs protection from referees there have been quite a few dubious challenges against him in recent games.
None as dubious as the one by Maguire at Leicester in the cup 2 years ago.should have been a penalty and red card.Put Foden out for weeks that tackle.

Haven't seen it mentioned but I loved his disallowed goal because it's that classic back post tap in that we just do not see with Sterling on the LW, Mahrez on the right because they are always coming inside on their strong feet.

A left footer arriving at the back post for a tap in for a classic Guardiola goal was just great to see.

Like the way he drives through into the box, he gives us something different. Not afraid to shoot either.

Haven't seen it mentioned but I loved his disallowed goal because it's that classic back post tap in that we just do not see with Sterling on the LW, Mahrez on the right because they are always coming inside on their strong feet.

A left footer arriving at the back post for a tap in for a classic Guardiola goal was just great to see.

I thought exactly the same thing when it went in. The guy's a genuine goal threat and that uncanny ability to be in the right place at the right time.

He had a good game but not great. Worked very hard.

He’s looked okay so far, I’m very impressed with his positivity when he gets the ball. He seems to think “forward” whenever he receives the ball, but he’s in-and-out of games at the moment. He’s involved in possession for a few minutes then seems to drift out of games.

But this is when rating him at the level of the rest of our team, a very good team. So for him to be impressing in any way is a good sign.

He had a good game but not great. Worked very hard.

He’s looked okay so far, I’m very impressed with his positivity when he gets the ball. He seems to think “forward” whenever he receives the ball, but he’s in-and-out of games at the moment. He’s involved in possession for a few minutes then seems to drift out of games.

But this is when rating him at the level of the rest of our team, a very good team. So for him to be impressing in any way is a good sign.
Actually, I think he had a close to great game. Was instrumental on both goals. Intebsecon the pressure, and a 94% pass completion rate for a Winger? That's insane!

Looking at just the blue line, Foden and Jesus pressed more than any other players in the league midweek.

Looking at just the blue line, Foden and Jesus pressed more than any other players in the league midweek.

So, basically validating the calls for Foden to play or come on when we perceive there to be a lack of energy in the midfield - as has often been the case this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.