Port Vale (H) - FA Cup 3rd Round Pre-match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you realise we create more chances than any other team in Europe? Our problem is not being indirect but not being clinical enough. Which is a problem also defensively wise since when we miss chances we have to keep taking risks going forward and make it easier for the opposition to create chances themselves.
yes i do, but for our possession there should be a lot more attempts, and hence, shots on target. not being clinical enough makes my point as it is too hard breaking down their whole team the whole game. your point about taking risks going forward and giving up chances for them is not true at all. we have fundamental flaws in our defensive set up that is unrelated to us going forward.

="mikemcfc, post: 12334912, member: 15234" we waste so much time where other teams can't afford to is my point. Seems now we can't either.
Whenever we retrieve the ball we simply allow teams to organise and reorganise so that our chances more often come against packed defences with two lines of five and two defenders lying in wait for any of our wingers/full backs. It is now the standard way of playing MCFC. It's only the inherent skill of our players that provide the chance, or a cock up by a defender!

Exactly! why we need to be more direct before they do organize.

Exactly! why we need to be more direct before they do organize.

There was a point in the last game where Cancelo had the ball, could have taken it another twenty yards into their territory but stopped. The only reason I could see is that he was waiting for a mate from the back four to be in a position to receive a pass!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.