FA Cup R3 - Port Vale (H) - Sat 04/01 - 5:31pm

on thursday they only had level 3 colin bell and east stand available on line,i know this cos my sister wanted 3 but cannot sit high up,
then all of a sudden yesterday all of level 3 dissapeared and level 1 was available but only in singles
now this morning loads are available on level 2 too,allsingles so she wont be going
Seats together sell much quicker.

I think if City know for sure that a game will sell out then they just make the whole allocation available but if they are not sure then they try and manage it A shame your sister wont be going. She could still change her mind!

I was going with a Port Vale fan but he ended up getting a seat in their end so I am going with a friend today but sat apart in the same block. It doesn't bother me too much where I sit. I quite like moving around the ground and have always done so whether it be Maine Rd or the Etihad. Pros and cons to each part of the stadium. My season ticket is at grass level. I quite like that view but today I am in 125 which is right next to the tunnel.

The case for expansion gets bigger I think with the pricing of these cup games. A lot of people who don’t get the opportunity to go as they can’t commit to a season ticket or can’t afford paying upwards of £60 for a single ticket.

If they built the North Stand and priced it correctly they could get a lot of blues back who have been priced out and also introduce some who have never had the opportunity to go before as it’s stupidly priced to attend. Unfortunately we seem to be obsessed with corporate than us peasants in the cheap seats.
Definitely.

CIty fans talk a lot on here about City chasing corporate cash but the South Stand expansion was for the regular fans, and everything I've heard about the North Stand expansion suggests the design is catered for the regular fans. Greater Manchester is a working man and woman's conurbation. The HQs are all in London. There's a limited number of executives around. City probably see it as a matter of balance. When I go to City, it's always the same faces. Perhaps our fan base is changing slightly over the years. Not so old now. Not so pessimistic! Although we might get a jolt today? WHo knows. I like seeing the ground full of young people. Just hope we win today so they go home as City fans.

Definitely.

CIty fans talk a lot on here about City chasing corporate cash but the South Stand expansion was for the regular fans, and everything I've heard about the North Stand expansion suggests the design is catered for the regular fans. Greater Manchester is a working man and woman's conurbation. The HQs are all in London. There's a limited number of executives around. City probably see it as a matter of balance. When I go to City, it's always the same faces. Perhaps our fan base is changing slightly over the years. Not so old now. Not so pessimistic! Although we might get a jolt today? WHo knows. I like seeing the ground full of young people. Just hope we win today so they go home as City fans.

Exactly would be great to get some new fans obsessed with the club, my mate is bringing his step daughter for her first game today and hope she enjoys it.

I used to go on my own or with my mates from school back at Maine Road and save my dinner money in the week so I could attend. There is no way with how things are priced the younger generation can get into watching football without their parents attending and financing it and that’s where it gets expensive and I imagine puts people off.

If you look at how the city centre is expanding into Ancoats and the amount of new homes going up in that proximity there is a fan base that can be tapped into if they do it right.

About 200 left online now so it's still selling, however there could be more single seats hiding in Level 3 waiting to show their faces.
Exactly would be great to get some new fans obsessed with the club, my mate is bringing his step daughter for her first game today and hope she enjoys it.

I used to go on my own or with my mates from school back at Maine Road and save my dinner money in the week so I could attend. There is no way with how things are priced the younger generation can get into watching football without their parents attending and financing it and that’s where it gets expensive and I imagine puts people off.

If you look at how the city centre is expanding into Ancoats and the amount of new homes going up in that proximity there is a fan base that can be tapped into if they do it right.
Whilst City are at capacity in the league, the only way to get new match-going fans are through days like today.

When I think back to when I first started watching City, I have forgotten the football. What I remember was the impact of size. We'd park up in a little side street called Moon St off Dickenson Rd then walk to the ground. I liked to see the floodlights in the distance and used to look for a little gap between the houses so I could see the ground getting bigger. I didn't like queuing up. My Dad would be in the adult queue, and I'd be in the juniors and often the Junior queue in the Platt Lane would be right next to the away fans queue for the away end of the Kippax. It felt scary. And then I'd meet by Dad inside and we'd walk up the steps into the stand. My favourite part of the day would be those moments when you stick your head into the stand, take your first few steps and see the green of the pitch before you. Wherever I live, Maine rd will be my home.

Got family down there. Some saying Vale fans have bought tickets from City for the home end. Probable only a few but hope it doesn't cause problems

Definitely.

They put a coparate area in the level 2 of that stand it's so clear that they care more about the coprarte than the normal match going fan

They put a coparate area in the level 2 of that stand it's so clear that they care more about the coprarte than the normal match going fan

Legends? I've used it several times. On each occasion it was filled with 'normal' (i.e. ordinary) people there to celebrate a special event, such as Dad's 65th birthday or something like that. I didn't see any corporate suit types at all.

< 100 online now.

They added 6,000 seats to the South Stand and converted one block of 300 in the middle to hospitality.

6,000 to 300. Surely you can live with that?

I actually moved from 216 because that hospitality block was goingto be next to me and I knew it would spell the end of any atmosphere in that area. It was OK at the back there for a while.

< 100 online now.

They added 6,000 seats to the South Stand and converted one block of 300 in the middle to hospitality.

6,000 to 300. Surely you can live with that?

I actually moved from 216 because that hospitality block was goingto be next to me and I knew it would spell the end of any atmosphere in that area. It was OK at the back there for a while.

There were several Joes blocks east and west and 9320 east and west also - with 'concourse space' in the new south stand expansion. Level 2 has about 390 in a full block It allowed horric price increases as the fans could be diplaced to somewhere they could not be seen or heard which was a lot cheaper.

Some complain about atmosphere, but having the cheapest seast at the back of a third tier kills it, especially when they cost less than half of tier one prices.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.