#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Southgate has to very seriously consider bringing him into the side for the Euros and at least during the next International break to give him a run in the team.

He's exactly what they are lacking in midfield.

Those who think he's too raw: Is he really that raw anymore? England have already qualified + he's too good for the U21's now as he dominated last time around and look at him now. u21s? Really?

He's showing his class the last month or so and England's centre midfield lacks the creativity and energy going forward to help their front line exploit their significant strengths.

Southgate's brought in Mount, Winks & Maddison. They've played more. That's the primary reason they're ahead of him as I think he offers more because of his pace and dribbling as he's as good passing and with creativity. Yet, now Foden's playing more and we're seeing what he can do.

And...I think he will get more games as I think Pep will play him more from gaining experience of late whilst showing his quality to push Silva (who's off anyway) and Gundo.

We're now into the next FA cup round and the PL is mostly lost anyway so Pep will give him some games going forward I think, especially when we have CL coming up at the end of February mushed in between Leicester and Arsenal for PL and then possible Carabo Cup match and then United for PL again.

No way he does not start at least 1-2 of those games, and that will be against very stiff competition, because more senior players have to rest to recover properly.

Played in a team containing at least two of our greatest ever players and made everyone else on the pitch look ordinary
High praise indeed.And a shot in the arm for thosewho would rather let legends play out their contracts...
City are third in the league having gone backwards...this lads goals could have had us that little bit closer to livarpool
Very pleased for the lad.
Still angry he didn't get the goal he deserved against Everton. He needs a run in the 1st team now.Goals win matches.not looking back at what legends used to be able to do.
The academy floodgates are finally open.Garcia and Doyle can see the way forward now.
Come on City!!

High praise indeed.And a shot in the arm for thosewho would rather let legends play out their contracts...
City are third in the league having gone backwards...this lads goals could have had us that little bit closer to livarpool
Still angry he didn't get the goal he deserved against Everton. He needs a run in the 1st team now.Goals win matches.not looking back at what legends used to be able to do.
The academy floodgates are finally open.Garcia and Doyle can see the way forward now.
Come on City!!

This all day long.

Come on City!!
You can even see who is replacing who.
Phil replacing David.
Garcia replacing Otamendi.
Doyle replacing Gundogan will take more time.
Bellis replacing Stones if he doesn’t buck up.
Braaf maybe for when we lose Sane, although we will probably buy too.
Delap for Aguero in a few years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.