#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foden has the ability to score wonder goals. Think we can witness it already this season. Wouldn't be surprised to see him dribbling past 3-4 playes and scoring, why not even in the CL. Fantastic talent.

You can even see who is replacing who.
Phil replacing David.
Garcia replacing Otamendi.
Doyle replacing Gundogan will take more time.
Bellis replacing Stones if he doesn’t buck up.
Braaf maybe for when we lose Sane, although we will probably buy too.
Delap for Aguero in a few years?

I think it’s probably a tad wishful thinking. In that list, I think Foden is the only guarantee. The others have a real fight on their hands to become regulars at this club. Not because they aren’t good players but because we are aiming to be the best of the best every season. For a young guy to breakthrough nowadays, they have to be something special.

I'm not sure if he moves with the ball or if the ball moves with him. That might be a daft thing to say and this comparison might have been done to death but the way he breaks the balls momentum and then carries it on in one movement without breaking his stride is so similar to David.

I think it’s probably a tad wishful thinking. In that list, I think Foden is the only guarantee. The others have a real fight on their hands to become regulars at this club. Not because they aren’t good players but because we are aiming to be the best of the best every season. For a young guy to breakthrough nowadays, they have to be something special.
I understand that. This is more of a who WOULD each academy player replace if it came to it. Hopefully more than Phil breaks through. I also agree, we dont want them replacing just to have academy players, they have to earn it like Phil and on what Garcia is slowly doing.

Foden has the ability to score wonder goals. Think we can witness it already this season. Wouldn't be surprised to see him dribbling past 3-4 playes and scoring, why not even in the CL. Fantastic talent.
Remember the goal he scored for England last summer running from deep midfield past 4/5 players and shooting adroitly past the keeper..dropped by ady boothroyd next game.England go out.....
A fantastic going player who needs to play games.For City and the full England team.You cannot keep quality wrapped up in cotton wool for ever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.