#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the goal he scored for England last summer running from deep midfield last 4/5 players and shooting adroitly past the keeper..dropped by ady boothroyd next game.England go out.....
A fantastic going player who needs to play games.For City and the full England team.You cannot keep quality wrapped up in cotton wool for ever.

It was a great goal. Think he can score such goals also in the PL and at the highest level. Incredible talent.

Remember the goal he scored for England last summer running from deep midfield last 4/5 players and shooting adroitly past the keeper..dropped by ady boothroyd next game.England go out.....
A fantastic going player who needs to play games.For City and the full England team.You cannot keep quality wrapped up in cotton wool for ever.

It was a great goal. Think he can score such goals also in the PL and at the highest level. Incredible talent.

Would be just about the first name on the team sheet if I was picking the team, but I won't criticize Pep because I want him to manage us for ever and a day. The way Phil drives into the box to get on the end of crosses reminds me of Bryan Robson from the 1980's.

Last edited:
Again Foden showed what a wonderful naturally two footed player he is.
An incredible full volleyed right foot cross for Augeros goal..
A decent left foot finish for his own goal
And the brilliant left foot cross to Augero at the far post he headed it back to set up a goal.
I really don't think I've seen a better cross on the full volley in all my years watching the game.outrageous talent.
The technique required to do that is very high...not many players would have been able to do that (nice pass from gundog before that too)
Thinking about it prob only KDB,Elano and the great Colin Bell could have crossed the ball in that manner with such accuracy.
These are the things that expert commentatators should be highlighting but of course David Phillps ex city player didn't pick up on it.

I understand that. This is more of a who WOULD each academy player replace if it came to it. Hopefully more than Phil breaks through. I also agree, we dont want them replacing just to have academy players, they have to earn it like Phil and on what Garcia is slowly doing.
Correct.

Getting better and growing in confidence with every game , he controlled the game and was far superior to Merlin and Gundo today , and he could of easily scored a hat-trick , he has got to be knocking on the 1st team door now , even a stubborn bugger like Pep is gonna have to give him more starts , if he continues in this vein of form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.