Port Vale (H) - FA Cup 3rd Round Post Match Thread

Did Stones make any attempt to show Pope his displeasure at his online comments ?

'Title winning, cup winning, multi-millionaire England international John Stones expresses his displeasure at random nobody League Two striker talking trash on the internet, enjoying his few minutes of fame, before fading back into obscurity.'

Nah.

I live in hope he is going to get his head sorted out and start to really play to his potential. There is a great footballer hiding in there somewhere.
When he plays the simple ball and two touch, he is fine. When he has time on the ball to dwell and think about alternatives is when he seems to falter. Id tell him to play two touch, or third one is a clearance upfield. Thought overall he had a good game, and agree a nice run would do him the world of good, although it’d be nice to see him play the right side of a three, with Ferna playing a DM/CB in the middle and Garcia continuing to blossom on the left of the three.

You said you hated Liverpool in the pre match thread, thats twice you've mentioned them now. Bet it was you who started the YNWA shit wasn't it?

Have to say it was a great occasion for Port Vale and the whole club. Personally I’m pleased for them and they will have earned a few quid. But singing Liverpool songs is embarrassing.

I would like to apologise for the dickhead fans that embarrass our club. Please don't let a few leave a bad impression on us as a whole, and you really shouldn't be rattled by our fans singing where were you when you were shit. It is all banter, Tom Pope has always been on Twitter shouting his mouth off but it is banter. Your players and management have shown absolute class to us.

The gulf in talent was there for everyone to see. You didn't get out of second gear really.

It was out cup final and we knew we would lose. I have found that when we have big crowds (by our standard), some wanker always starts the 'You'll never walk alone' song. I find it a big fucking embarrassment. I never sing it, but it has happened before so it wasn't to wind you up at all. It is probably a day tripper that goes once every ten years when he has a day off from supporting Liverpool from his armchair.

Good in the next round and for the rest of the season and I hope VAR sorts itself out, we are so glad we can can still slag off incompetent referees at our level. Its much more fun.

I thought you Vale fans gave great support to your team. I was glad you were rewarded with a goal.

There is always going to be a few idiots when thousands are on the pop all day. I didn’t see any real trouble. The banter seemed to be OK although the few who sang YNWA were a bit sad. It might have been a response though to being taunted by some Blues in the corner though.

'Title winning, cup winning, multi-millionaire England international John Stones expresses his displeasure at random nobody League Two striker talking trash on the internet, enjoying his few minutes of fame, before fading back into obscurity.'

Nah.
Fuck all to do with how successful your career is, if somebody calls you weak and soft as piss i think most people would be looking for a bit of payback

There were a group of Vale fans on south stand level 2 front row, trying to kick it off all game, situated next to the City fans in East Stand. I knew they'd bring a load of ****s with them out of that 8000 following, some will have never attended a Vale game in their lives. Heaven forbid if we draw Millwall at home in the next round, if they went through of course.

It wasn’t just that chant, I used it as a prime example, it was throughout they were being gobshites and small time pricks.

They also sang Liverpool songs.

Just because you’ve turned your back on the club during our finest hour, don’t believe that there are many others. I’d say you’re in a very small group.

City get 50,000+ every home match, which is up considerably from 10-15 years ago, we would have had to retain the majority from that era to get the crowds we do now and City have one of the highest season ticket bases, who have been going 25years+, in the top two leagues.

just to add , we were averaging 46-47000 when we first moved into the stadium- a full 4 years before we were taken over, so actually in fact we were really there when we were shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.