Var debate 2019/20

Still struggling to understand the concept that some games used VAR and others didn’t. You can’t have a competition which has different laws dependent on where the game is played. Either all games have it or none at all. It’s just wrong the way it is being used or not as the case may be. And why despite two goals, five subs and at least two minutes messing around with VAR were only three minutes added on?

Think it was Blatter that was against VAR because of the issue you highlight above. The rules of the game and how it’s officiated should be exactly the same if it’s the World Cup final or a Sunday league game at grassroots level. Thats what made football unique, didn’t know whether to celebrate the goals going in until the game restarted yesterday. They have to be careful they don’t kill off the golden goose, a lot of people on here talk about giving watching the game up. Multiply that by the rest of the Premier league barring a couple of teams in red then football has a problem.

I was obviously mocking the man not the illness, but thanks for showing just how quickly someone can attain the moral high ground.
Why mock anyone not involved in VAR and why sneer at someone who has s different view to you?

It was telling looking at the reactions of both Kun and Stones after their goals (yes, I know THB has been given the goal). Kun looked like someone had ran over his cat, and Stones was shaking his head. I'm guessing both of them thought the goals would be chalked off. VAR is ruining the game. It's taking away the spontaneity and sheer joy of celebrating goals. Back in the "good old days", I'm pretty sure there wouldn't have been too many grumbles (out of the usual, anyway) if those goals had been disallowed. They were ridiculously tight calls, particularly the third goal.

For me VAR was much better applied today by the FA following IFAB ryles than the shitshow in the prem.

Yes the checking was still too long, but the on screen info was up straight away and the still shot of the offside shown so we knew what was checked.

Also not every offside was checked only ones where the ref looked to be wrong so a clear and present error.

Still needs improvement, but much more efficient than the fuckwits in the prem making it up as they go along.
Disagree; slow to put info on the screen and it's still not clear when they are going to VAR. When they have gone it's clear why they take so long because it's not transparent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.