Change VAR or.................

I think fans of all clubs should coordinate a chant of disapproval at something like the 22nd minute (V being the 22nd letter of the alphabet) of every game on a given weekend. After the Everton game all I heard coming away from the ground was condemnation of VAR. I spoke to my mate yesterday who’s a season ticket holder but wasn’t going to the Port Vale game, he said he couldn’t be arsed with watching the FA Cup on TV because VAR has killed it for him. It really will shaft the game, the Premier League need to act fast if they want to keep the status as the best league in the World, I’m very surprised they are allowing PGMOL to fuck their product over, it doesn’t even need to be left in place this season, every week that goes by is destroying our league.

VAR can and should work. It’s just not being utilised properly in the premier. Other leagues are using it way more efficiently.

The rules should also change to help officials use VAR properly. For example on the offside calls. Firstly officials shouldn’t be told to leave your flag down if you’re not sure, they should officiate the game as they used to as they are still the primary rule of law. Secondly VAR should only be used where there is clear and obvious error. If someone is mm offside and the linesman hasn’t flagged then the goal should stand. If he’s a yard off then the linesman should be overruled. We need a law change to make this clear.

I’d also personally like to see a way to limit VAR appeals. Rather than the officials checking everything maybe there should be a 3 appeal rule like in Tennis? And the team’s managers are responsible for raising the appeals?

Computer and video technology can totally help football but humans have to devise a proper system that doesn’t ruin the game as it currently it is. I’d vote we try and find that before scrapping it altogether.
Great post. VAR should be looking at incidents like the one at Newcastle last season where Milner was clearly offside, not waiting 3 minutes & drawing lines to see if someone's toe or buttock was offside.

Great post. VAR should be looking at incidents like the one at Newcastle last season where Milner was clearly offside, not waiting 3 minutes & drawing lines to see if someone's toe or buttock was offside.
So where and how do you draw the line?

I think fans of all clubs should coordinate a chant of disapproval at something like the 22nd minute (V being the 22nd letter of the alphabet) of every game on a given weekend. After the Everton game all I heard coming away from the ground was condemnation of VAR. I spoke to my mate yesterday who’s a season ticket holder but wasn’t going to the Port Vale game, he said he couldn’t be arsed with watching the FA Cup on TV because VAR has killed it for him. It really will shaft the game, the Premier League need to act fast if they want to keep the status as the best league in the World, I’m very surprised they are allowing PGMOL to fuck their product over, it doesn’t even need to be left in place this season, every week that goes by is destroying our league.
Organising it for a specific time would not work. Broadcasters will know when its going to start up and mute it with a short burst of recorded crowd noise. The likes of Sky, BT and the BBC will not like "Fuck VAR" coming over loud and clear spontaneously and for protracted periods of time that varies. They recognise that this will offend many of their viewers personally or they will worry about little Johnny hearing things they don't want him to hear. If all club's fans do it the broadcasters will forced to allow the content or issue warnings to the PL, I suspect the latter would happen. The league then has to accept one of 3 options, broadcast the offensive language for significant periods in a game, try to drown it out with obvious synthetic crowd noise or kill VAR.

@Blue Llama .......... or maybe organise a song/chant without the 'offending' word?? I can't shout it as I only swear once in a Preston Guild. I usually change the wording e.g. Pablo Zabaletta he is a CITY man......... but with that one I can't really as it is just two words. :-)

p.s. I do not object to anyone else swearing it is just an idiosyncrasy of mine! As I say to the lads when they apologise for swearing, I don't care as long as you don't make me say it. :-)

Organising it for a specific time would not work. Broadcasters will know when its going to start up and mute it with a short burst of recorded crowd noise. The likes of Sky, BT and the BBC will not like "Fuck VAR" coming over loud and clear spontaneously and for protracted periods of time that varies. They recognise that this will offend many of their viewers personally or they will worry about little Johnny hearing things they don't want him to hear. If all club's fans do it the broadcasters will forced to allow the content or issue warnings to the PL, I suspect the latter would happen. The league then has to accept one of 3 options, broadcast the offensive language for significant periods in a game, try to drown it out with obvious synthetic crowd noise or kill VAR.
That’s why I posted a “chant of disapproval”, totally agree it can’t have a profanity in it for the reasons you state.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.