Dry January...

What’s the point of Dry January? Any normal persons liver would recover from the Xmas/NY excess in a matter of days or a week or so. So if not that, what?

If a person feels they drink too much then stopping for 1 month then just carrying on isn’t really going to do much good.

If it’s health then just cut down, eat better and do some exercise

I eat too many sweets. I give them up for lent but then go back to eating them. I makes me feel good but I know deep down it doesn’t really do much

I've actually had booze for three days in a row now which is probably the first time in ages...

Even round Christmas I'm a part time 'taxi driver' so 3 in a row is rare even then.

I'm not a fan of this forced stoptober, dry January business where it's more of a challenge than a meaningful long term change to your habits.

To me it's all about that forgotten word... moderation.

What’s the point of Dry January? Any normal persons liver would recover from the Xmas/NY excess in a matter of days or a week or so. So if not that, what?

If a person feels they drink too much then stopping for 1 month then just carrying on isn’t really going to do much good.

If it’s health then just cut down, eat better and do some exercise

I eat too many sweets. I give them up for lent but then go back to eating them. I makes me feel good but I know deep down it doesn’t really do much
It’s a fad. Sheeple love fads. They all love going on Facebook and posting about how they’re part of these fads.

I am really getting into Dry January now with just a few slips, ergh the 2nd and third of Janaury. oh and yesterday because of the match.

Veganuary is going much better, more because after I got back from the match/pub yesterday Mrs Mist had left me some sort of nut roast shit in the oven. To be honest I think it was stuffing with peanuts pushed in it. Still ate it as I was starving.

Last edited:
Another load of social media bollocks. If you want to drink, drink. If you fancy a few days off then do that.
I presume everyone can make simple decisions like that without going on FB or Twitter and saying “look at me”

I am really getting into Dry January now with just a few slips, ergh the 2nd and third of Janaury. oh and yesterday because of the match.

Veganuary is going much better, more because after I got back from the match/pub yesterday Mrs Mist had left me some sort of nut roast shit in the oven. To be honest I think it was stuffing with peanuts pushed in it. Still ate it as I was starving.
I prefer vaganuary - get as much sex as you can in the first month of the year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.