Man of the Match - why always picked with a few minutes to go?

nixmith2

I was watching the footy this evening in a Pub (Man Utd. vs Wolves) with the matchday thread on my phone for us and this thought occurred: why do the TV people pick the MOTM before the game ends and more importantly - has it ever gone pear shaped?

In this game lindelot was awarded man of the match just as 91 minutes ticked over, but there was 6 mins of injury time - plenty of time for a defensive c*ck up - sadly none came - but in the long history of TV football this must have happened at least once - does anyone know of such a situation.

I was watching the footy this evening in a Pub (Man Utd. vs Wolves) with the matchday thread on my phone for us and this thought occurred: why do the TV people pick the MOTM before the game ends and more importantly - has it ever gone pear shaped?

In this game lindelot was awarded man of the match just as 91 minutes ticked over, but there was 6 mins of injury time - plenty of time for a defensive c*ck up - sadly none came - but in the long history of TV football this must have happened at least once - does anyone know of such a situation.
Rag.

Yeah, Tevez was named motm on 89 mins againt QPR ;)

I'd imagine because most people switch off/turn over as soon as the game ends, so wouldn't be blessed with the pundits wisdom

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.