Bobby Madley

Wish he’d have named the **** who stuck him in.
I’m going for Oliver - he looks like the kind of snide that would go running to the top brass if he was upset.
Sounds like his ex wife

Back in the 70's aside from Clive Thomas I can honestly say I did not know a single ref and knowing who was reffing was never a talking point...

The problem these days is we know who all the prancing, preening twats are... This is part of the problem .... Their whistles should be heard but they should not be seen... These posturing pricks are ruining the game as much as VAR for me ....!

I do know that Stanley (later Sir Stanley) Rous refereed our Cup Final v Portsmouth in 1934. But there have always been utter pricks.

The aforementioned Clive Thomas was a prize buffoon. There was one many years ago with one arm - was he called Alf Bond? (Can anyone confirm?) How he would have signalled a VAR referral I can't imagine. Jack Taylor was another who thought the spectators had come to see him. Jeff Winter, as well....

Back in the 70's aside from Clive Thomas I can honestly say I did not know a single ref and knowing who was reffing was never a talking point...

The problem these days is we know who all the prancing, preening twats are... This is part of the problem .... Their whistles should be heard but they should not be seen... These posturing pricks are ruining the game as much as VAR for me ....!
Correct.

All games being televised and scrutinised to the nth degree probably have a lot to do with that.

That's true but even on the pitch watching, they didn't prance about like dickheads thinking they were the main attraction ....

I don’t disagree, but they are made the centre of attention in most games by the media, so it’s a bit catch 22. If they got all the decisions correct, no one would have an issue with them. Sadly, that is impossible, so here we are!

DMQpRcdW4AA_PFG.jpg
Who remembers Roger Kirkpatrick, the fat fecker that reffed us and fell over running back at Maine Road on the day injuring himself. Had to be replaced and when we got a decision against us, we all sang, "we want the fat Twat back". Oh the memories...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.