Change VAR or.................

Worth bearing in mind that this was an on field decision. Disappointing that it wasn’t overturned, but we were not adversely impacted by VAR because the on field decision stood.
If this hasn’t been mentioned, as not read full thread, but the Salah offside in our game not being reviewed (even though they said it was). 100% corrupt.

Worth bearing in mind that this was an on field decision. Disappointing that it wasn’t overturned, but we were not adversely impacted by VAR because the on field decision stood.
Then maybe I dont understand. VAR is there to correct clear/obvious. VAR didnt do what it was supposed to at the handball by gomez in that LFC game, therefore VAR negatively impacted us. I dont understand how you say we were not? Explain to me and I try to understand

Sorry mate, the conspiracy stuff leaves me cold. I understand many don’t like VAR, and I also can appreciate why this is, but the fact is that VAR makes corruption/cheating by officials far more difficult. Pre VAR an official could raise his flag and a perfectly good goal could be chalked off and within 10 seconds everyone in the stadium would know the official had made a mistake but there was bugger all that could be done about it. Also penalty decisions and red cards. Now we have a safety net and I like VAR for this reason. There needs to be more work done to improve the experience for match going fans, but I’m sure that will come. I get that mine is a minority opinion, but I’m going to voice it anyway to give this thread some balance.

hg do you go to matches ? I am only asking because you are supporting VAR and you use the expression 'improve the experience for match going fans'. That is an expression taken straight from the suits at City when they talk about face painting. The thrill, exhilaration, excitement and sheer 93.20 joy comes from jumping up and screaming my head off when we score. If I have to wait 3 minutes for someone 90 miles away to decide whether I can have that brilliant moment then football is dead.

I don’t think the PL VAR is salvageable to be honest. It needs major reform

going back to first principles - aiding the on field officials would help. I’d have it for them to call upon if they are unsure about something but that’s it.

the offside interpretation is an absolute crock of shite and our match yesterday was a great example of why

Some simple tweaks to VAr:
1. Have the ref and stockly park miked and videoed.
To ensure impartiality.

2. Enforce all PL grounds to have VAR screens.
To ensure impartiality

3. Allow retrospective use of matches video to rescind/add yellows/reds after a match irrespective of ref’s match report.
To ensure the rules of the game are adhered to and to help impartiality.

4. Compile and publish list of any ‘missed’ incidents per game - offsides, fouls, obstructions etc
To help impartiality and clamp down on cheating

harder tweaks to VAR:
1. Better define ‘clear and obvious’ for use of VAR.
Offsides - as pointed out by many. If it’s only offside by the width of pixels it’s not ‘clear and obvious’ offside.

2. Any incident notified to ref by team, to be reviewed - similar to cricket reviews.
Here is an even better tweak ditch the ducking thing forget all these red-herring variations it’s an abomination

Maybe they want rid of the traditional die-hard fan.
He doesn't go to the souvenir shop and spend £40 every game, he doesn't sit there all happy clappy no matter what the score and he certainly doesn't want a 39th game in another country.

I think I'm in a minority but I don't really have an issue with VAR and offside. I celebrate goals now in different ways depending on how the goal is scored. If it is one where I think there is an offside then I am a bit reserved in my celebration. If there is one where it looks legit then I'm celebrating as normal.

I've got used to the delays after the goals and realise that it's just taking a bit of time. I'm happy to accept the tiny margins as they seem to work both ways. I appreciate that there could be errors with when the line is drawn.

I think I'm in a minority but I don't really have an issue with VAR and offside. I celebrate goals now in different ways depending on how the goal is scored. If it is one where I think there is an offside then I am a bit reserved in my celebration. If there is one where it looks legit then I'm celebrating as normal.

I've got used to the delays after the goals and realise that it's just taking a bit of time. I'm happy to accept the tiny margins as they seem to work both ways. I appreciate that there could be errors with when the line is drawn.
It's a bit like the rats at the supermarket getting used to the poison.

VAR can and should work. It’s just not being utilised properly in the premier. Other leagues are using it way more efficiently.

The rules should also change to help officials use VAR properly. For example on the offside calls. Firstly officials shouldn’t be told to leave your flag down if you’re not sure, they should officiate the game as they used to as they are still the primary rule of law. Secondly VAR should only be used where there is clear and obvious error. If someone is mm offside and the linesman hasn’t flagged then the goal should stand. If he’s a yard off then the linesman should be overruled. We need a law change to make this clear.

I’d also personally like to see a way to limit VAR appeals. Rather than the officials checking everything maybe there should be a 3 appeal rule like in Tennis? And the team’s managers are responsible for raising the appeals?

Computer and video technology can totally help football but humans have to devise a proper system that doesn’t ruin the game as it currently it is. I’d vote we try and find that before scrapping it altogether.
Working for a German company with colleagues in other European countries I know that VAR is hated across leagues

The suggestion of teams having appeals is frankly unworkable, imagine a team using all their appeals unsuccessfully then a match changing incident occurs that is too late to appeal or appeals being used to waste time VAR and football are not in anyway shape compatible We want out football back and so VAR needs to go just read the excellent posts in thread to know why

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.