Change VAR or.................

The governing body are going to be warning pigmol/prem for not using the correct rules with var AGAIN in feb,it can't be allowed to change for the run in,that wouldn't be fair,i think pigmol/prem have got their desired result at the top already

The trouble is for every one of you that stops going there is another 100 or whatever waiting to take your place so there won't be empty seats so no message will be sent

I don't know what the answer is

Hate to be a hindsight profit but I knew after the Spurs CL farce last year that the introduction of VAR in the Premier League would kill it as a spectacle of which I want to be part. This will be my last season for sure as I too cannot justify the time, money nor the complete ignorance of knowing WTF is going on anymore.

22 players trying their best to provide goals and entertainment for tens of thousands of paying fans whilst hidden in a bunker hundreds of miles away, men dressed in referees uniforms try desperately to justify their own existence by ruling out any possible goal whilst not even considering the impact of their snail's pace forensic deliberations. It's the epitome of the lunatics taking over the asylum.

Liverpool handball in the box moments before they scored.

alexander-arnold-handball.jpg

'Natural position' pmsl.

What about the rugby tackle on Rodri in the Spurs game that was not a pen? Never mind the 3rd goal that was ruled out in the same game.

NINTCHDBPICT000514183465.jpg

There have been some fucking shit decisions by VAR this season but the top picture is 100% corrupt. That is the very definition of a handball. Still makes my blood fucking boil.

The governing body are going to be warning pigmol/prem for not using the correct rules with var AGAIN in feb,it can't be allowed to change for the run in,that wouldn't be fair,i think pigmol/prem have got their desired result at the top already

The trouble is for every one of you that stops going there is another 100 or whatever waiting to take your place so there won't be empty seats so no message will be sent

I think the answer is that we keep supporting our team, don’t let the b’stards grind you down.

Maybe they want rid of the traditional die-hard fan.
He doesn't go to the souvenir shop and spend £40 every game, he doesn't sit there all happy clappy no matter what the score and he certainly doesn't want a 39th game in another country.
He probably moans to anyone who will listen about the evils of the modern game and pines for the matches against the likes of Grimsby or S****horpe.

Yesterday was only the second game I missed this season home or away so I watched it on ESPN. Reason for saying that is simple - I saw all the peeing about with VAR lines on the TV. It was crap - but nowhere near as crap as when you are at the game with no idea. I knew the goals were ok before those at the game and I saw it all. In other words.... for the TV viewer this is secondary only to the penalty shoot out in terms of drama if you are a neutral. Utter crap of course for the real fan and appalling for the match goer but great if you don’t give a shit about the two teams. That’s my worry. The majority of money doesn’t come from us that go, it comes from the millions on TV that are watching.
I spent more time on blue moon trying to find out what was going on than I did watching the game. I sort of cheered the 4th goal but none of the others. We had no idea what was going on for goals 2 and 3. Truly awful experience going this year

These next few years are in effect a cull of what you might call old style football fans , I beleive they’re going to change the game so radically it’ll end up a different sport watched by a ‘new’ type of fan , a fan who spends more wheather at the game or not . As someone said (Edinburgh 123) this is all about making it appeal to a tv audience round the world , this is where the real money lies, 50,000 at the stadium are just background noise now . These new fans will love the new game on tv .....we’re going to var ! Edge of the seat stuff.... will the penalty be re-taken ? Come back after the break ! adverts come in ...everyone’s happy except the likes of me , a dinosaur of a different game . The game is being stolen off us.

These next few years are in effect a cull of what you might call old style football fans , I beleive they’re going to change the game so radically it’ll end up a different sport watched by a ‘new’ type of fan , a fan who spends more wheather at the game or not . As someone said (Edinburgh 123) this is all about making it appeal to a tv audience round the world , this is where the real money lies, 50,000 at the stadium are just background noise now . These new fans will love the new game on tv .....we’re going to var ! Edge of the seat stuff.... will the penalty be re-taken ? Come back after the break ! adverts come in ...everyone’s happy except the likes of me , a dinosaur of a different game . The game is being stolen off us.

Bang on the money. It is what I fear most (apart from nuclear war etc ! ) Our game yesterday was shifted to 5.30pm because some country somewhere wanted to see it and would pay, sod us match going fans. Gone are the days when Swales asked for my season ticket money in February, now it is a minor sum in a huge bank account.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.