Energy and Pace

Yes, regarding style and point total needed to win the league. But in terms of running and especially sprinting...They compensate our superiority in technique with running and being utterly robust. Think it won't harm us to add more energy and pace in the team in the summer. Which I think we are going to do.
Teams as Good as City don't chase shadows and run around like headless chickens, yes the Dippers have a great work rate but they don't play like we do, I'm amazed by the amount of Blues who are blowing smoke up their arseholes because a combination of corrupt refs and VAR have them so far ahead ... Don't get me wrong, City are not firing on all cylinders but that points difference is artificial as far as I'm concerned when you look at what's gone on this season ... Our achievements have been airbrushed from history, even by some of our own fans it seems at times....

Foden gives energy and pace with his direct runs
Foden Bernardo Mahrez and de Bruyne all have fantastic work ethic and engines with some pace.

Sané Sterling and Walker have genuine pace.

But that’s about it. I do think we need more pace around the squad.

Teams as Good as City don't chase shadows and run around like headless chickens, yes the Dippers have a great work rate but they don't play like we do, I'm amazed by the amount of Blues who are blowing smoke up their arseholes because a combination of corrupt refs and VAR have them so far ahead ... Don't get me wrong, City are not firing on all cylinders but that points difference is artificial as far as I'm concerned when you look at what's gone on this season ... Our achievements have been airbrushed from history, even by some of our own fans it seems at times....
Agreed,it's very annoying,we couldn't be more different from them if we tried,we do NOT need to morph into them,our trophies show who is best,anyone can win a battle but we consistantly win the war

Have you seen their record over the last calendar year? Are you really denying that they are a great side?

They may have benefited from some dodgy VAR and referee decisions but it’s completely deluded to put their achievements down to corruption.

It's becoming undeniable that Liverpool have raised the bar regarding work rate. Whether they are doing it with legal methods is a theme for another discussion. Thing is that our team lacks a bit of energy and pace.

With Sane being out we have only one really quick player in midfield and attack - Sterling. Kevin and Foden are relatively quick and that's it. Jesus isn't slow and I expect big things from him but pace isn't something which he has in abundance. Sergio was very explosive earlier in his career but not now.

Gundy and Rodri are not quick either, Stones isn't quick, Laporte is quick but not very quick. Basically, only Sterling and Walker are very quick players in this team. And only several players have excellent fitness levels, e.g. Bernie, Foden, Walker...

We need to inject energy and pace in this team. If we are about to replace Sane with another winger, he must be quite quick. We need a quick forward to replace Aguero and a quick CB to replace Otamendi. The league and football in general is getting more and more dynamical.
You're just identifying a difference that has always existed between Pep's and Klopp's football styles.

City have dipped this season but this is down to poor defending, and I don't think it has much to do with athleticism.

Nah, I didn't say they play better or as good as we did the previous two seasons. Maybe I didn't express myself well. Thing is we need a bit more energy and pace than we had in the first half of this season. Pep wouldn't sacrifice our style to turn us in a machine like team devoid of artistry, fantasy etc. In order to return to our levels from the previous seasons or improve on them we need to add a bit of physicality in terms of pace and energy. The likes of Laporte, Foden and Sane instantly give us more energy. Add to them 2-3 new signings in the summer and we are going again. If we need to replace Sane, then buy a pacy player.

Last edited:
You're just identifying a difference that has always existed between Pep's and Klopp's football styles.

City have dipped this season but this is down to poor defending, and I don't think it has much to do with athleticism.

Defending is not unrelated to athleticism though. We press better with Foden and Jesus and Bernie than with Kun, Dave and Gundy. We are missing also Laporte's physical attributes. We have fielded at times the shortest CBs in the league, one of them 34 y.o. Angelino is unimpressive regarding strength and pace too.

(energy-and-pace)

not so and you need SKILL. its what manchester city have and also world class players right across the park, liverpool game is a gamble and if you don't score in first 30 minutes or 15 minutes after the break then things get tight, also there game is based on the first 11 and not really a squad game, there starting 11 is key to liverpool and luck in keeping them injury free, also add VAR and dodgy officials and that is the biggest change this season

if you give pep's first 11 or should i say match day squad injury free for a season i would bet we wipe the floor with liverpool and anybody else and win everything, even with dodgy officials and VAR we would batter teams and score a shit load of goals every game because of the system we play

energy-and-pace is pointless without knowing what your doing and having somebody like KDB you just let the ball work for you not chasing it around the park for 90 minutes, but don't get me wrong here manchester city are one of the fittest teams in the league and have energy-and-pace but its just another tool in our locker we can pull out when needed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.