Biggest mistakes of the decade.

I think buying Bravo was probably the biggest mistake we've made over the last 10 years.

Looking back, I can totally see why Pep wanted to replace Hart - and it always amazed me that Hart made no effort to try to fit into Pep's system. Hart had loads of notice that Pep was coming - years in fact. Pep was completely right about Hart who's career has collapsed since leaving us.

We've also had some players who didn't work out for us - Roque Santa Cruz, Adebayor, Mangala, Sinclair, Rodwell etc for starters. All these were turkeys make no mistake, but they weren't really key players for the team.

However, Bravo has been absolutely dreadful in nearly every game he's played for us. He is absolutely the worst professional footballer I've ever seen. I can't remember him making a save unless it's kicked straight at him. His ability to make himself look tiny astonishes me as I cannot think of another goalkeeper who does it. It goes without saying his hands are a joke but he is not even decent with his feet, and single-handedly makes every other player in defence a nervous wreck. When he plays, it's just a case of how many f**k ups he will make and how many goals we'll concede. No other turkey player we've bought has been able to do this - and I can't think of any other professional footballer who's done it either. More than any other signing, he's done more to weaken the team.

The only redeeming thing about his game is that it made us move fast for Ederson but I have absolutely no idea why we bother playing him. We should never, ever play this clown again and just pick the reserve keeper.

I think buying Bravo was probably the biggest mistake we've made over the last 10 years.

Looking back, I can totally see why Pep wanted to replace Hart - and it always amazed me that Hart made no effort to try to fit into Pep's system. Hart had loads of notice that Pep was coming - years in fact. Pep was completely right about Hart who's career has collapsed since leaving us.

We've also had some players who didn't work out for us - Roque Santa Cruz, Adebayor, Mangala, Sinclair, Rodwell etc for starters. All these were turkeys make no mistake, but they weren't really key players for the team.

However, Bravo has been absolutely dreadful in nearly every game he's played for us. He is absolutely the worst professional footballer I've ever seen. I can't remember him making a save unless it's kicked straight at him. His ability to make himself look tiny astonishes me as I cannot think of another goalkeeper who does it. It goes without saying his hands are a joke but he is not even decent with his feet, and single-handedly makes every other player in defence a nervous wreck. When he plays, it's just a case of how many f**k ups he will make and how many goals we'll concede. No other turkey player we've bought has been able to do this - and I can't think of any other professional footballer who's done it either. More than any other signing, he's done more to weaken the team.

The only redeeming thing about his game is that it made us move fast for Ederson but I have absolutely no idea why we bother playing him. We should never, ever play this clown again and just pick the reserve keeper.

As much as I can't wait for Bravo to leave, I can't believe anyone thinks he was a bigger mistake than "calendar year" Bony".

As much as I can't wait for Bravo to leave, I can't believe anyone thinks he was a bigger mistake than "calendar year" Bony".
He was. Bony went back and some of the installments werent paid. Not that is about money. Bony was relatively not an issue, just an abject but harmless failure
Edit: I agree entireltly with the post above about Bravo though. He is terrible.

Tell you what mate......just fucking spit it out. Do you think Bravo is decent or not, I just wish you’d make it clear.

TIA

I'm certainly not Bravo's biggest fan but definitely dont think he's as bad as your making out. I seen him make numerous saves especially in the Community Shield against Liverpool, Penalty shoot outs against Leicester and Wolves to lead us to Carabao up success. We've bought far worse than Claudio Bravo in the last ten years.

Short Memories.

Bravo has not been a good signing, but there have been far worse.......

Not signing VVD while he was playing for Celtic. Or even at Southampton before the Scousers decided to make a move for him.

Forget La Porte. The amount of money we’ve wasted on shit players and centre halfs, namely Mangala, that we could have spent on VVD is shocking. Our transfer team, scouts and the people who make the final transfer decisions at City need to ask themselves why our defensive signings have been mostly poor and average, bar the likes of Kompany, La Porte, Zab, etc.

If we had a centre half pairing of La Porte and VVD we would have pissed the PL for years to come, and dare I say it, we’d have won the CL by now

I will always remember the video of Txiki baulking, smirking and being shocked at how much Liverpool paid for VVD. It’s the best bit of recent transfer business the Scousers have done for a very long time, regardless of the other good players they have recently signed. The 2 young full-backs included.

Last edited:
Not signing frenkie Dejong and matijas De light in the summer before Barca and Juve did. Had we signed these 2 we would be fighting for the tittle still.
De Ligt doesn't even start for Juventus now as he's benched by demiral. He's accustomed bad to Serie A, making a lot of errors. He would've faired far worse in the Premier League as it's much higher tempo. He need some time to mature, it was the right thing not buying him in the summer. However we should've bought someone else instead

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.