HS2 - Cancel it now

ENixfdqW4AE325_

most of those are on the generous end, so I think we can see the problem isn't how to get to London quickly, more how to get anywhere bleeding else at anywhere approaching car speeds...
And then here in deepest darkest Cheshire , Chester to Manchester piccadilly, 1hr 17, a 40 mile journey

In a previous life I worked in Military research. I asked the guys I worked with why projects always overran and cost more than estimated. His reply was that contractors always underbid knowing that we would make mistakes and then ask for changes and then the contractors would screw us knowing that it would cost to much to cancel/pull out.
I've been here myself on this, but why does it suit everyone (except the taxpayer) to continue to take this approach knowing that tenders are always so badly wrong?

ENixfdqW4AE325_

most of those are on the generous end, so I think we can see the problem isn't how to get to London quickly, more how to get anywhere bleeding else at anywhere approaching car speeds...

There is no need to get to London faster but commuter trains are not going to go faster unless you start cancelling stops and that defeats the point.

Preston-Euston takes 2hrs 15 mins but then it should because it only stops at Wigan and Warrington, the rest of the journey it is chugging doing 100+ mph or whatever.

It usually takes me around 45 mins to get into Manchester but that isn't because the train is knackered and slow, it's because it stops at 6-7 stations on the way.

It can't do 100+ mph when it has to stop every 5 mins.

ENixfdqW4AE325_

Is 45 minutes from Glasgow to Edinburgh on the direct train, 1hr plus is the commuter train that has many more stops, no-one who knows the route takes that one to travel between the two cities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.