Cricket/South Africa test series

Making quick runs was more important than batting time

i agree, i was more getting at the fact that we are unlikely to bat to our desired schedule as we tend to flake off after 6-down. However, i dont think 'quick' runs were necessary, but 400+ lead was. I think we'll take a lead of 440 ish and have the fat end of 5 sessions. If we dont win from that position then god help the bowlers (bad weather withstanding)

england have to be smart here and not take to much time out of the game and bat to long ??? lunch and declare for me, and if they get them runs good luck to them and sack root

480 lead be enough but pitch looks slower and easier to stick around! Wont know really though to england bowl.

Lead of 450 and declare I reckon
Sounds about right. The scoring rate in this game is around 3/over and the England bowlers won't tire until tea time tomorrow if they put up a decent resistance. If England declare now the first session will be them avoiding wickets so 2.5 rpo max and the last session will be no better so that's 150 runs max today, leaving 270 for tomorrow. Just a bit too close at the moment so another 30 runs should kill their chances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.